Demonspawn Gladiator of Jiyva

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 24th December 2010, 05:49

Demonspawn Gladiator of Jiyva

I love mutations. I love them a lot. Unfortunately, the few times I've gotten down to Lair 6-8 (using Okawaru) AND had an altar of Jiyva available, I've died due to silliness - the furthest I've gotten is three stars of piety, IIRC. Just kind of curious to see if anyone else has tried to be LORD OF THE SLIMES in such a manner as I!

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 24th December 2010, 12:06

Re: Demonspawn Gladiator of Jiyva

I recently managed to keep a troll monk alive and godless long enough to find a Jiyva altar. The idea of steering some hideously mutated hulk around (skin bubbling and frothing while jellies seep out of the walls around him...) was very appealing, and it wasn't as if I was using all those tasty trinkets. Piety happened very quickly- I'd start eating my way through a level, discover jelly companions about halfway through, and pick up every useless shiny I found to dump in front of them when the level was clear. The boosts you get at five stars- nutrition, health and mp from jelly companions consuming items- are very noticeable, and go a long way to keeping a ravening troll fed. Stat shuffling wasn't all that, and I never had the brainpower for Slimify, but the mutations were definitely interesting.
Dowan says "Her death will not be in vain!"
You bludgeon Dowan!
This raw flesh tastes great!

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 27th December 2010, 02:33

Re: Demonspawn Gladiator of Jiyva

Man... That'll teach me not to put on heavy armor in an open area. Got up to four stars of piety, had a pretty good set of mutations going, but I was out of healing, and had a kobold nail me with heavy poison while I was putting on plate mail. :(

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice