Djinni and IDA

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Tuesday, 16th July 2013, 04:32

Djinni and IDA

Do Djinni suffer any fire vulnerability from wearing Ice Dragon Armour? My guess would be no, but you never know with this game.

If they don't, IDA seems like an ideal armour for them since the AC value is almost as good as plate, plus it allows you to turn their biggest weakness into a strength, without any downside. The only thing I could see myself wanting more for it is CPA, obviously, but that's always so rare. I'm playing as a Djinni Berserker and I made an Ice Dragon hide and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it my main armour. Unless it does remove my fire immunity (which I don't imagine it will) or if there's some other reason not to.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 16th July 2013, 06:05

Re: Djinni and IDA

diviton wrote:Do Djinni suffer any fire vulnerability from wearing Ice Dragon Armour? My guess would be no, but you never know with this game.
This is correct. Djinni get Hellfire immunity & rC while wearing IDA.

I find Crawl is rather intuitive, outside a couple things like min delay. Derek S. Ray, the man who built SporkHack, actually won the game completely without spoilers. What don't you find intuitive?
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 16th July 2013, 06:09

Re: Djinni and IDA

Like casting poison arrow at Donald for the first time (and the last thing you do in that run).

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice