Amour question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Sunday, 7th July 2013, 00:39

Amour question

I'm playing a Djinni Berserker and I'm wondering what kind of armour I should wear. It's still early and I haven't trained armour at all, but say I found a piece of CPA right now, should I use it, or is there a big downside for a non-casting class? With casters, you can quantifiably determine how much armour is affecting you, but with this kind of character it's tougher to know. I know it reduces EV and stealth as well as making me less accurate, but how much so? Is it worth it before you train armour? If not, how far to train armour? Thanks.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 7th July 2013, 05:06

Re: Amour question

Magic and low Str are the only things which prevent me from putting on plate armour the instant i find it. A berserker should have no issues with either of those things.

Armour skill's effects (AC increase and penalty reduction) are proportional to the base values of your body armour. Essentially, the bigger the AC and EV penalty on your armour, the greater the effect Armour skill has. So in fact, it's the reverse: it's not worth training Armour until you have good armour.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 7th July 2013, 06:56

crawl is no place for amour

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 7th July 2013, 18:15

Grimm wrote:crawl is no place for amour

Amour has its place everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rjOrOt6wFw

L'Amour is a rebellious bird
that nobody can tame,
and you call him quite in vain
if it suits him not to come.

Sounds like a summoner style to me.
"... while we / Unburden'd crawl toward death." -- King Lear I,1

For this message the author Utis has received thanks:
Grimm

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 8th July 2013, 02:08

new unique: Louis L'Amour. Tengu. If he is generated on a level, he might refuse to show up.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks:
Utis

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 8th July 2013, 08:49

Grimm wrote:new unique: Louis L'Amour. Tengu. If he is generated on a level, he might refuse to show up.

I was thinking: new lvl 0 spell: Summon L'Amour (Summoning/Fire/Hexes). Casting this spell has no effect. But if you have it memorized, then once in a while L'Amour will show up randomly, and precisely in those moments when it gets in your way the most. Will occassionally hurt you badly.
"... while we / Unburden'd crawl toward death." -- King Lear I,1

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice