SpAK Advice

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 05:07

SpAK Advice

Simply put:
Should I wait until I find a quick blade to give a distortion brand, or should I use it when I can use it? It I should use it now, on what should I use it?

On a side note: to get a Lucy altar, should I just corrupt Ecumenical?
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 07:19

Re: SpAK Advice

Brand the highest enchanted dagger when you get the power, it's better to have distortion weapon to use than waiting a qblade - because outside elf3 the only other way to have decent odds to get one is acquirement, and you can't know when you'll find it.

If you don't plan to switch gods you may corrupt temple, otherwise you can try to corrupt an overflow altar
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 08:24

I found qblade of pain in Hall of Blades. It was not an easy fight though, it was faster than my Sp.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 08:32

Yeah, I regularly forget hall of blades exists - maybe because I never enter in it. However, If you have reached hall of blades and you've cleared it (ok, a invis stabbing character has a very easy time there) surely you're in late game and well past the point when you should have branded your weapon.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 08:44

nago wrote:Yeah, I regularly forget hall of blades exists - maybe because I never enter in it. However, If you have reached hall of blades and you've cleared it (ok, a invis stabbing character has a very easy time there) surely you're in late game and well past the point when you should have branded your weapon.

Well, I didn't have "more" warning for "you flicker for a moment" so I almost died there because I didn't notice when I turned visible. It is easy otherwise indeed because no weapons can see invisible.

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 14:23

If you're still killing dudes OK, I might wait until I'd tried an acquirement scroll. You want lots of attacks/aut with disto.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 23rd June 2013, 15:12

I think I'll hold off. I have enough tools that killing is pretty easy, and anything I don't want to deal with I kite until I banish it.

EDIT: Update - I just read I'd a scroll of acq, and ... it gave me a quick blade :).
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice