bardiche of distortion for MfIE?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 12th June 2013, 23:18

bardiche of distortion for MfIE?

Quick question for anyone willing to help out a lousy player:

Oka gifted me a bardiche of distortion (XL 12 MfIE, shooting for hybrid style, for better or for worse). Is it worth limiting my versatility this early with a distortion brand? Thanks for anyone who wants to weigh in.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 12th June 2013, 23:38

Re: bardiche of distortion for MfIE?

Polearm is only weapon type i enjoyed distortion on. It was good on everything else too, but the blinks were making me rage quite a bit. On a polearm the blinks arent so bad because of the reaching, and the other effects are good to great. Just be careful about fighting in corridors because you might blink a guy behind you.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 13th June 2013, 00:25

When you start meeting centaur warriors and yaktaurs, distortion becomes pretty bad for a character using mainly his melee weapon to kill things. Before that it's great.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Thursday, 13th June 2013, 06:33

Being a MfIE, you have no need to rely on melee, so centaurs and yaktaurs blinking away wont be a problem.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 13th June 2013, 13:21

Distortion is an incredibly powerful brand that's remarkably unpleasant to use. If you enjoy switching weapons (ranged combat, rods, decks of cards, enhanced staves), don't use it. If you're likely to die when a lich gets blinked three squares and iron shots you, don't use it. If you hate chasing down monsters over and over, don't use it.

If you like charging into packs of monsters and watch them scatter like dandelion seeds before a strong wind, do use it.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice