Mutation Roulette

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 22:02

Mutation Roulette

I have been thinking for a while now about making a character for the sole purpose of having fun by becoming insanely mutated, both good and bad mutations. I don't know what items/spells to use or race/background/god, but I'm thinking demonspawn of jiyva or xom spamming irradiate would work. If anyone has any advice I could use, I would much appreciate it.

Also, a quick question: Does magical contamination cause good mutations ever, and if so how likely is it?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 22:19

Re: Mutation Roulette

SleepySteel wrote:Does magical contamination cause good mutations ever, and if so how likely is it?

I believe it's 80% bad, 20% random.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 28th January 2016, 06:20

bad mutations provide the more interesting gameplay ;)

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 28th January 2016, 06:22

The more mutations you have, the more likely consuming a mutagen will just remove a present mutation instead of adding one.

edit: I suggest an octopode or felid of Jiyva, and just eating mutagens every time you come across them until you have a huge set of mutations, at which point Jiyva is your best bet for getting more instead of just removing the ones you have.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice