Where does that pet orc come from?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 15:42

Where does that pet orc come from?

My SpVM has was clearing Vault 8 with the help of some Nemelex summons. Something raised a few corpses, giving me a level-permanent shadow dragon and yaktaur zombie. So far so normal, but I also aquired an orc warrior there. A living, friendly orc guy who seems willing to stick around.

In the mess I mostly only checked that my summons were friendly, can't tell the demon-like stuff apart yet, so I have no idea who or what gave me that orc. There were a few hostile ones around the level, but he has remained friendly for so long I doubt its still from a crusade card. Could someone share an explanation please?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 16:20

Re: Where does that pet orc come from?

Hey, actually I got a very powerful yet weird pet too in my last game. It was in Zot:5 and I got an Electric Golem after using a Deck of Summoning. :shock:

No it wasn't a hostile one turned friendly by Crusade card effect, because the golem disappeared after a while like it was summoned. :?:

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 16:24

Re: Where does that pet orc come from?

The crusade card has a small chance of making a monster permanently friendly. That's the only way I know of to make an enemy permanently friendly (well, except Elyvilon's power, but that's different). But I'm a newbie (well, a newbie who uses spoilers anyway), so take that as you will.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice