CIP - MuCK

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 11:36

CIP - MuCK

I have a great MuCK coming along with FDA, a demon whip, healing wand, and teleport wand. I've just cleared both the lair and orcish mines.

I'm not really sure where to go from this point on. What skills should I train? What do I do when I get confused by Xom?

A few items I have stashed in case they matter:
- CPA
- Manual of slings
- Some +5 EV and AC rings in shops

Dump: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=7zvxRCYq
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 12:04

Re: CIP - MuCK

pubby wrote:What do I do when I get confused by Xom?

Why are you asking this question?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 13:33

Die.

For this message the author Tiber has received thanks:
pratamawirya

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 13:41

pubby wrote: What skills should I train?

I'd memorize a charms spell and start pumping points into that for eventual Haste. Plan B would I guess be armour/fighting.
kekekela is my in-game name

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 15:03

If i remember right there`s 3 different ways xom can confuse you and 1 or 2 of them can be blocked by clarity. In my most recent xom game (5 runes) there were ~5 confusions that i could not stop with clarity. From past games, the most reliable ways to survive those (they happen at the worst times) were for me high armor/evade+high hp, lots of summons, or tornado. I super strongly recommend blink too. And be aware that xomfusion can last up to 30 turns.

Good luck!

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 17th May 2013, 02:47

The reason i was recommending blink is when (if!) the confusion is survived blink helps then.

Full disclosure: I haven't won a Mummy Chaos Knight, but I did win a Mummy Wizard that took Xom on d4, and I would have died without blink. Also clarity stops the confusion from the potion effect, it doesnt from the single target confusion effect, and i think it stops the mass confusion effect.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 17th May 2013, 03:05

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Greater mummy killed me while confused. I had a very good chance of winning if that wouldn't have happened. Probably shouldn't have been near mummy in the first place, but I killed another easily which influenced my decision.

Morgue: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nVHASmVL

(Also, I meant to post this in YAVP/CIP section. Someone can move if they want.)

(also, I wish I would have read minmay's comments. I didn't realize I could use decks while confused. Might have gotten lucky.)
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 17th May 2013, 08:16

Doesn't a simple potion of curing clear Confusion?

Oops nevermind...Mummy CK....

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 17th May 2013, 15:01

Carry decks around. Use those decks when you get confused. (Ideally you will have decks to carry around).

Other than that, when you're playing a MuCK it's more important than ever to remember that you don't have to kill everything. As you know, Xom can and will confuse you in nasty situations, so whenever you fight a gmummy or something, you're rolling the dice on Xom randomly screwing you over. I would probably avoid crypt altogether on most MuCKs--nothing you need in there.

As a side note, carrying 4 rods with 0 evo is questionable, especially since rods are near-broken in the hands of mummies. If you plan to use rods, train evo up a little (8-ish is probably good if you aren't primarily using them, but more can be reasonable also [inacc scales with evo quite nicely]). If not, just drop them and save the inventory space.

All told, I'm impressed that you got so far with such a nasty combo. Good job.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice