MuSu - is it fun?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 17:00

MuSu - is it fun?

My first MuSu has just died in Lair 6 after telling summons to wait here and I am not sure if I want to waste time on another MuSu. It looks like MuSu is almost invincible if it orders summons to follow it. Being completely surrounded it is easy to kill even Death Yaks with Ice Beasts (possibly after retreating upstairs). Will it be more interesting later in the game or should MuSu always avoid fighting and just summon and channel mana?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 17:39

Re: MuSu - is it fun?

musu isnt fun because you're a mummy

in particular your apts for everything are bad so you don't really have xp to also be good at something other than summoning, so you're stuck just summoning and not doing other things also

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Sandman25

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 20:27

do you like pressing a?

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 22:25

MuSu is fun if you're looking for a character to tackle the post game areas like Pandemonium, Tomb and Hell for the first time. MuSu has a rough start but once you get Summon Dragons perfectly castable you can be almost invincible if you're careful. Especially if you get support spells like Haste and CBlink up. Its not a fun or rewarding style of play, but seeing the post game is rewarding in and of itself o MuSu can help you experience it.

For this message the author diviton has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 23:01

Granted I've never played a MuSu past the first couple of floors, but I have 15 runed 5 times, and I don't think MuSu is really anyone's recommendation for an easy first 15 rune win. A summoner maybe, but Mu probably not.

If you wanted my tip for a 15 runer, I'd say DE caster. The exact type of caster isn't too important, DEFE, IE, Wizard, conjuror, etc. Get fire storm/ice storm going, haste, controlled blink/necromutation. Some way to recharge mana (CBoE is my personal preference). That is probably the easiest 15 rune game you'll find. Melee builds on a race that can get some support spells (ie, not troll) and pick up the level 2-3 buff spells and haste is also pretty solid. Cheibriados and unarmed if you're crazy like me ;)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 05:57

yogaFLAME wrote:do you like pressing a?

I never press a. I press F1 to summon my best summons (I map F1 to different spells at different stages of the game) and F4 for channeling :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 05:59

diviton wrote:MuSu is fun if you're looking for a character to tackle the post game areas like Pandemonium, Tomb and Hell for the first time. MuSu has a rough start but once you get Summon Dragons perfectly castable you can be almost invincible if you're careful. Especially if you get support spells like Haste and CBlink up. Its not a fun or rewarding style of play, but seeing the post game is rewarding in and of itself o MuSu can help you experience it.

My first character who saw Pan/Hell/Tomb was a DEFE with Summon Dragons indeed. I guess you suggest there is no much sense to play MuSu for me.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 16th May 2013, 06:48

MuSu is stupid easy. Haunt+Summon Dragons+Sif makes the game a... well not a breeze... its easy as sin... but its boring as hell.

You literally just have to run around with 12+ of your strongest summons active at all times... drop a few Haunts on anything that comes into view and step back... The changes to prevent summons from attacking out of view monster may have made it harder to avoid smites, but all in all it should still be ridiculously easy.

It is boring as all hell though. The first character I ever 15 runed was a MuWz that went the Su route, but I didn't ascend... I was literally so bored hitting z-b(x5), a(x10), z-c that I just up and quit. Of course, I usually kill off my high level casters just because the magic game gets super boring once you have your big spell online :(
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

For this message the author bobross419 has received thanks:
Sandman25

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 17th May 2013, 15:25

I won a MuWz that I played essentially as a MuSu. It was fun for some definition of fun but extremely tedious. I felt like all I did was summon, t-a, t-w and channel. I just checked my morgue and I channeled energy 16.6K times and summoned near three thousand dragons. I hit things with weapons less than a thousand times, so yeah, tedious.

For this message the author rebthor has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 10th July 2013, 10:55

I think I will play MuSu after current character. 0.13 changes should make the game less monotonous

Barkeep

Post Saturday, 13th July 2013, 03:42

crate wrote:musu isnt fun because you're a mummy

in particular your apts for everything are bad so you don't really have xp to also be good at something other than summoning, so you're stuck just summoning and not doing other things also

At least you don't need to play the potion ID minigame or worry about ice attacks breaking your speed potions.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 13th July 2013, 04:14

njvack wrote:At least you don't need to play the potion ID minigame or worry about ice attacks breaking your speed potions.

potion trove fees must be super annoying as a mummy.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 13th July 2013, 07:08

rchandra wrote:
njvack wrote:At least you don't need to play the potion ID minigame or worry about ice attacks breaking your speed potions.

potion trove fees must be super annoying as a mummy.

Perhaps it should be reported as a bug.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 14th July 2013, 01:41

no.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 14th July 2013, 09:37

I am playing another MuSu in 0.13 and it is actually very fun. Main reason is that I don't worship Sif Muna and thus I am not bored with channeling. Another reason is that I can have only 3 Ice Beasts and as soon as I see an enemy I retreat a bit and then decide what to do - call Scorpions, escape or maybe melee it with dagger of Distortion. And third reason is that I don't have other Summon spells (I am with Ash) so I have a hard choice between conjurations (Fireball, Lightning, Venom Bolt), evocations (CBoE and lamp of fire), Hexes (Invisibility spell), Charms (Haste) and defence (Fighting/Dodging).

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice