Top Dps

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 29th April 2013, 20:33

Top Dps

Do you think an hasted Octopede with Quick Blade and 6+ rings of slaying would have higher dps than an hasted berseking dragon form troll?
The first one, except finding the rings (zigs), is actually quite easy to build as it can be played as a caster till the needed jewels are found. With a shield and necromutation defense would be decent too. To get max dps would be nice a Elect Quick Blade, but that's not easy to get. Trog is probably the best bet to get one, but with octopede is a suicide. Okawaru or acquirement need big luck.
The second from item point of view is simple, u just need something that can evoke rage, but the xp amount required is massive, and despite huge HP defenses are poor (torment main weakness), much harder to build.

Needless to say I'm gonna try to build em soon, and for sure I will fail miserably :)

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 29th April 2013, 21:15

Re: Top Dps

whichever one is pressing tab faster

For this message the author Kate has received thanks: 2
crate, Galefury

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2013, 01:16

MarvinPA wrote:whichever one is pressing tab faster

I think adding in a polearm might help the equation somewhat, depending on what is being damaged. It means less [tab]s pressed that do 0 damage due to taking a step towards the enemy.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2013, 02:19

Carabas wrote:
MarvinPA wrote:whichever one is pressing tab faster

I think adding in a polearm might help the equation somewhat, depending on what is being damaged. It means less [tab]s pressed that do 0 damage due to taking a step towards the enemy.

joke~~~~~

.o
-|-
/ \

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2013, 04:03

Konedar:

Stab a sleeping/paralyzed/petrified/confused/occupied monster, with a dagger and the appropriate skill.
That will one shot (one keystroke) the monster in near all cases.
No manner of "DPS" beats that.
No need to worry if you have the biggest/fastest/meanest weapon and/or the required gear/racial attributes for what you're asking.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2013, 06:00

Hasted mage with max power Ice Storm deals 168 damage per turn (on average) to multiple enemies at range 8. Op is too weak IMHO :)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice