About wizards in Abyss....

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 14th February 2013, 09:18

About wizards in Abyss....

Hey guys, don't you think the nest version of abyss is an ABYSS lot more difficult for wizards than how it's used to be? Mainly due to some new monsters... :(

And also, what if you only find artifacts with bad enchantment bonus? Like, a robe with fire ++ and cold + but with -1/+0, would you wear it as a mummy?
And if the game has been such a D1CK not offering you ANYTHING that's good in both way, is that a GAME OVER FOR SURE?

My situation:
If I wear it, I get killed by an excusioner...
If not, I get burned to hell...
If I wear the ONLY good artifact generated in the game, which is an plate armour(+7, fire+ and cold + and resist ELE), I would be suffering 50% successful rate even for summoning butterfly.....

Yeah, life sAcks when the game fells like it... :cry:

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 14th February 2013, 09:29

Re: About wizards in Abyss....

Yes, some games force more than others to play a bit decently.

And a rf++/rc+ 0ac robe it still something very good to wear as Mu (especially if summoner) up to extended, in the remote case nothing better has been generated. For executioners, try to get 3-15 dragons between you and them, usually it works.
Frankly, it works too well against everything.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 14th February 2013, 10:48

A few people have said that the new abyss is harder than it used to be - I haven't been there yet so I can't say whether I agree or not. Just from the descriptions some of the new monsters sound quite nasty.

That robe is actually pretty good; the maximum a robe can get to is +2, so there's not actually much difference in AC between that and a -1 robe - and a mummy wizard should be able to avoid getting hit most of the time anyway.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 01:26

Wear the robe, it's a good one. rF++ on a Mu will more likely save your ass than a few points of AC. Really.

Never been in new Abyss yet. New monster list made me frown : "Hmmm...I see where you're going with this...nasty".

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 02:47

New abyss is remarkably easyier with a ring of regen; just like the ring of levitation in oldAbyss, the possibility of banishment makes be carry a regen source around as my abyss kit. To be honest, I think the newAbyss monster set is a good bit easier damage-wise than oldAbyss, but with more 'interesting' effects. The worst is zymes, and regen nerfs them drastically.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice