Vampire Ice Elementalist

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 15th November 2012, 16:49

Vampire Ice Elementalist

First time trying this build. Any tips? I want a good vampire caster, figured IE is the most fun. I'm gonna be bloodless most of the time. Bearing that in mind, has anyone ascended with it and can help a relatively lousy player?

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 15th November 2012, 17:47

Re: Vampire Ice Elementalist

Haven't ascended one, but I've played a number (though not IE specifically.) If you're planning on staying bloodless (why?) you'll want to make sure you have the healing aspect covered - which probably means either Mahkleb (probably) or Kiku (if you don't mind corpse delivery --> drain [non-bloodless for a bit] --> wait.)

Note that if you just want hungerless casting, mummies are more straightforward (though they have their own quirks.)

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 15th November 2012, 17:55

JeffQyzt wrote:Haven't ascended one, but I've played a number (though not IE specifically.) If you're planning on staying bloodless (why?) you'll want to make sure you have the healing aspect covered - which probably means either Mahkleb (probably) or Kiku (if you don't mind corpse delivery --> drain [non-bloodless for a bit] --> wait.)

Note that if you just want hungerless casting, mummies are more straightforward (though they have their own quirks.)

Buffed stealth, resistances, speed. I think bloodless is a major advantage. And I'm going for Sif Muna. It's tough, I know.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th November 2012, 18:02

Bloodless is not really much of an advantage unless you're stabbing.

Anyway I would recommend Kiku, especially if you plan to stay bloodless/nearly so, since Kiku has a 50% chance of giving you regen spell (so you can heal at near bloodless) and also will give you blood, and also simulacrum is super good.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice