KoBe questions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 17:34

KoBe questions

After playing mostly casters, I'm hitting the KoBe kind of hard these days. I have a lvl 19 KoBe at the moment.

Quick blade or Sabre? Trog has gifted me multiple weapons of each kind, with comparable brands and bonuses. My Short Blade skill is 23 (found a Manual of Short Blade).

Slings skill - What's a good level to get this to? I have it parked at 7.2+ at the moment, because I don't want to start receiving Ammo gifts from Trog. Once I get an "end-game" weapon, I will want to work on it I guess? I'm saving up unenchanted stones and enchant scrolls of course.

I'm going for a 15-rune run, any additional advice would be helpful, especially Hell, Pandemonium, Abyss as those are the zones I am the least familiar with and have not quite reached yet on this char.

Thank you.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 19:06

Re: KoBe questions

spryler wrote:Quick blade or Sabre?

I think it depends on what brands are available. I would rather use a quickblade of electrocution, swapping to another brand for flying enemies.
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 19:13

Personally I would use a demon whip or a lajatang on a kobe (or demon blade, if you've already leveled shortblades). Shortblade KoBe is mainly for if you want to stab things, or you can use shortblades until you find a good weapon later on.

Anyway a quickblade is better than a sabre with the same brand in very nearly all circumstances that you care about. Shortblades are pretty bad in extended since a lot of things there have a lot of AC, so unless you're needlestabbing demons you probably want to find a different weapon type if you want to get all 15 runes.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 20:44

Since Kobolds are so good with stealth, I put 12 points in stabbing (and a bunch in stealth) and have an invis item. So I guess I am a stabber. Good information to know, so you guys would devote xp to another weapon type - maces/flails or longblades. I guess there will be plenty of xp since I will be going for 15 runes.

Thanks for your responses.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 12th October 2012, 08:36

If I had to choose, I'd go for longblades as they crosstrain.
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice