Die? Y/N

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 02:11

Die? Y/N

Before I start, I'm not very good with forums, so sorry if I've done something wrong by posting this message.

I've been playing casually for a little while (I've never been past Dungeon 7) and I really like the game, even though I'm not very good at all. I just got my friend to start playing and was wondering about something he said. It was the first time he'd ever played, and he got an un-newbie-like good score. He said that he couldn't die. It kept telling him Die? Y/N, or something like that. Eventually he just hit y to quit the game, but I was wondering why he couldn't die.

Thanks, and if anyone here helped make the game, congrats on creating such a great game!
AnonymousMuggle

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 02:13

Re: Die? Y/N

Your friend pressed "&", then at the "WARNING: ABOUT TO ENTER WIZARD MODE! . . . Do you really want to enter wizard mode?" prompt pressed "Y".

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 04:59

It's kinda like cheat mode. Though playing in wizard mode does tend to make game really boring. I believe it is made to test various things.

I just use it to not to make possibly annoying player ghosts.

Barkeep

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 12:46

nordetsa wrote:It's kinda like cheat mode. Though playing in wizard mode does tend to make game really boring. I believe it is made to test various things.

I just use it to not to make possibly annoying player ghosts.

Can't you quit to avoid leaving ghosts?

I used to use wizmode to short-circuit my second (and a few after that) visits to "new-to-me" areas. One thing I find really frustrating about roguelikes is the whole "hey I've spent five hours getting to this new area and the threats are different and now I died and damn was that a representative threat or what awwwwwwwww man" thing.

So after dying in Tomb once, I like to wizmode there and look around for a bit so I can come back better-prepared later.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice