Nagas: Train unarmed?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 2nd September 2012, 18:42

Nagas: Train unarmed?

I see in the wiki that a constriction has an initiation chance any time an unarmed attack is made with an appropriate body part. As far as I can tell from the wiki the level of unarmed combat skill has no bearing on success of a potential constriction or the damage output when one begins. Is this accurate? It seems strange to play a character who is half serpent and doing a tremendous amount of damage using it's tail, but not have to train any skill whatsoever to influence the attack.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 2nd September 2012, 20:07

Re: Nagas: Train unarmed?

I think early game constriction was nerfed.

To be honest I don't think unarmed it worth it unless you have horns, talons, or something since unarmed only becomes really good in the later parts of the game and you don't want to be dying in the lair or something. I usually go with a trident when playing nagas since the long ranged attack helps a lot.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 2nd September 2012, 20:35

The wiki entry was out of date. Thankfully, CommanderC updated it. Unarmed Combat skill has nothing to do with constriction. This is in keeping with the rest of the auxiliary attacks.

Also, as snow noted, constriction was changed between 0.10 and 0.11. Nagas only gain the ability to constrict at level 13.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 2nd September 2012, 21:23

moved to the advice forum
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice