Should I try to erase my mutation?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 13:51

Should I try to erase my mutation?

It took a while to realize that the orc warlord had a distortion weapon which ended up sending me to Abyss twice. Guess it was worth it, considering on the second time I picked up the rune of zot there.

Anyway, neqoxec gave me a number of bad mutations.

-Deformed body lv 1
-Int -1
-Mana -10%

I have like 3 potion of cure mutation and can quaff one if I want to, but the problem is that I have two mutations which came really handy.

-rElec
-MR lv 1

But that deformed body mutation really bugs me. I feel like my character is getting hit way more than he should be. What are your advice? Should i just leave it on, and erase mutations later when other worse things stack, or should I erase it right now?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 14:20

Re: Should I try to erase my mutation?

MR is good, and deformed body 1 isn't too crippling (you lose some AC). I'd say save your cure mut potions.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 15:02

Deformed body cuts 1/2 of your base armor AC. If you're heavily armored and have a lot of armor skill, that could be a very significant drop in AC. Otherwise, probably not worth trying to cure it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 15:15

Deformed Body only penalizes you by half the base AC of your body armor. Bonus AC from Armour skill still uses the full base AC and isn't affected, nor is bonus AC from enchantment level.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 17:49

My opinion -

Unless the Deformed Body is seriously effecting your character where it could get you killed and there isn't some preventative you currently possess that can offset it; I would save the Cure Mutations Potions until the Bad Mutations start to really pile up or you get one that is really bad for your character.

So, unless your like a Heavily Armored Fighter of Trog you can probably leave it and be fine.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 23:10

Davion Fuxa wrote:So, unless your like a Heavily Armored Fighter of Trog you can probably leave it and be fine.

My character is heavily armored fighter of Okawaru. So I guess that means I should try to erase it? :?

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 30th August 2012, 23:34

Not really. What your character's skills are isn't what matters, its what armor your using. If its, say, a CPM or GDA, then yes, probably. Otherwise, no.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice