What to use Acquirement Scrolls on as a Tm?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 28th July 2012, 23:11

What to use Acquirement Scrolls on as a Tm?

Hiya, I made a DrTm and I'm just wondering what the general protocol is for using acquirement scrolls.

Since transmuting forms like spider or dragon renders armour and weapons irrelevant, should most acquirements be geared towards wands and jewelry (if not gold and books?)

Also, I managed to get dragonform as a grey draconian. Anyone know what specific buffs I get from it?
"You draw a card... It is the Bones."

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 31st July 2012, 17:11

Re: What to use Acquirement Scrolls on as a Tm?

Wand is a good general choice, but be aware that you cannot use them in dragon form as far as I know. So you need to switch back to your normal form. It's generaly not a problem.

I sometimes choose jewerly, because there is a chance to get a randart one with more resits, which is very useful for dragon form. Not that much a chance tough. I only choose gold when I really want to buy something. Book aquirement seems to be useless to me.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 1st August 2012, 02:04

Re: What to use Acquirement Scrolls on as a Tm?

I ascended the grey draconian I was playing as by spamming dragon form, it was pretty cool, though I ended up using most acquirements on rings since armour and wands were useless. Books might be useful if you're following malkheb and are training charms to cast deflect missiles or haste, though some spells aren't too difficult to find.
"You draw a card... It is the Bones."

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice