Orcy Questions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 22:41

Orcy Questions

So I'm trying HOPr again and I'm trying to puzzle out a few a few lingering questions about follower behavior. I'm wondering if anybody has ever code dived for this stuff. I myself am not skilled enough to even know where to start looking.

How does orc casting interact with armor? Does heavy armor impede them like players

Can Beogh upgrade artifact armor on followers?

Do melee orcs end their upgrade path as warlords? I've seen this oft repeated but never actually had it happen. Mine all stayed knights.

I know orcs prefer orcish gear in a tie, but do they get any actual bonus from it?

How much of a bonus do orcs get from leveling (as opposed to being upgraded by beogh). I know their HD can keep going up, but is it worth it keeping a small elite cadre with you as opposed to dumping them in L2?

Any random advice you can give about HOPrs? I just learned never to bring followers to the swamps (it was pandemonium) so no need to drop that gem ;) .
Growing Strong: HoPr (3), MiFi (5), DsFi (5), OpAr (5)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 13th July 2012, 00:07

Re: Orcy Questions

Petro wrote:How does orc casting interact with armor? Does heavy armor impede them like players

NPC monsters care not about spell success rates. Or mp. Or miscasts. Or glow. They'd be way better at this than you, if only they could choose which spell to use intelligently.

Petro wrote:Can Beogh upgrade artifact armor on followers?

No.

Petro wrote:Do melee orcs end their upgrade path as warlords? I've seen this oft repeated but never actually had it happen. Mine all stayed knights.

Vanilla orcs end up as warlords if you feed them enough xp. Orc uniques don't. It can take a lot of kills to get them to upgrade that last time, though, particularly if you or a subset of your minions are taking all the kills.

Petro wrote:I know orcs prefer orcish gear in a tie, but do they get any actual bonus from it?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

Petro wrote:How much of a bonus do orcs get from leveling (as opposed to being upgraded by beogh). I know their HD can keep going up, but is it worth it keeping a small elite cadre with you as opposed to dumping them in L2?

You want that elite cadre with you so they can beat down Mennas by fully surrounding him and beating him down with 12 glaives at once, not because they're supposed to be tanking for you. They are made out of glass no matter how much you level up; you should be tanking for them.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
Petro

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 13th July 2012, 04:14

Re: Orcy Questions

Thanks. May Beogh ever smile upon your righteous slaughter.
Growing Strong: HoPr (3), MiFi (5), DsFi (5), OpAr (5)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice