Tornado

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 11th July 2012, 14:16

Tornado

How good the spell currently is? When do you usually consider to invest in air magic to learn it?

Do you have some specific advice against rushing to Tornado on a black DrAE (Level 12, is in Lair 3, and currently uses airstrike)?

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 11th July 2012, 15:30

Re: Tornado

Tornado is great. Rushing for level 9 spells is often a bad idea, though. If you're with Sif (who prevents miscast effects) or Veh (who makes miscasts less likely) getting Tornado usable is not that hard, though, especially if you have wizardry. Just don't forget about your other skills.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks:
sanka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 11th July 2012, 15:56

A character with decent Fighting, Dodging and Traps&Doors, solid attack spells (Airstrike, Lightning Bolt), some buffs (Swiftness, Haste, DMsl, cTele, Regeneration primarily) and a melee attack (maybe you find a demon weapon, or a good scimitar of flaming off Erica, or something comparable?) is better than a character with only Tornado and some other air spells. You'll have an easier time food-wise, which does matter if you are spamming a level 9 spell, will be more durable, and will be just as good in corridors where Tornado sucks but Lightning Bolt excels, and won't lose out that much on damage even outside because of Haste.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks:
sanka

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 11th July 2012, 16:00

imo just get chain lightning and use it on everything (except nonplain mummies when you have ~20 hp remaining)
Your warning level: [CLASSIFIED]

For this message the author ebarrett has received thanks:
sanka

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 11th July 2012, 18:30

I have never learn't chain lighning, and actualy I have access to the spell. I worship Sif Muna, so I'll try that.

Thanks for the advice: I'll delay learning tornado till I have chain lighning, good melee/defense and buffs also.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice