Importing Highscores between versions (trunk)

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 23rd May 2012, 22:02

Importing Highscores between versions (trunk)

Ever since I recently started playing trunk, I have been downloading and playing a new trunk version every couple of days. Evertime I do this however, I lose my list of highscores. Is it possible to import them from one version to the next? Perhaps by simply copy/paste the file that has the data into the new version's directory?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 23rd May 2012, 22:23

Re: Importing Highscores between versions (trunk)

Oddysee wrote:Ever since I recently started playing trunk, I have been downloading and playing a new trunk version every couple of days. Evertime I do this however, I lose my list of highscores. Is it possible to import them from one version to the next? Perhaps by simply copy/paste the file that has the data into the new version's directory?

I had this same question a while back. Copy your "saves" and "morgue" directories from the old version into a fresh install of the new version, i.e., one you haven't played yet.

For this message the author nicolae has received thanks:
Oddysee

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 23rd May 2012, 22:27

Thanks very much. :)

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd May 2012, 22:29

Also, you can open your scores file in a text editor, and use copy paste to merge multiple score lists. ...assuming you have more than one list with entries you care about. If you don't, you just have to move the file.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 24th May 2012, 05:08

I just keep my saves and morgue file in the home directory and don't need to change anything ever.
(p.s. this is stupid some dev please make it not stupid) - minmay

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 24th May 2012, 09:10

sardonica wrote:I just keep my saves and morgue file in the home directory and don't need to change anything ever.

Can you elaborate please? I assume you can only do that with the Installer version?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 24th May 2012, 09:48

Oddysee wrote:
sardonica wrote:I just keep my saves and morgue file in the home directory and don't need to change anything ever.

Can you elaborate please? I assume you can only do that with the Installer version?

It's done automatically with the installer, but you can get the same behaviour by using the -dir command line option to specify where you want your save and morgue dirs.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 08:25

Or you can play online! You'll automatically get the latest version, and the server will remember every game you ever played.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice