Demonspawn Fighter help

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 21:18

Demonspawn Fighter help

I've been playing crawl since I used to call it Linley's and have tried many characters/class/god combos since then but the one class I am alternating between loving and wanting smash my computer in frustration with are Demonspawns. I've been trying to get a DSFi off the ground and succeeded once, insofar as I was rocking with some decent artefact gear and a maximumly enchanted demon whip until I got abyssed by a Deep Elf and ended up getting crushed by a Hellephant.

ANYWAY, I guess what I wanted to ask you guys is you advice with regard to which god you would go for and which skills you would consider leaving on/off? I know it is heavily dependent on the mutations you have at the moment, but I wondered if any of you have a basic rules set you follow when trying out a fighter.

I'm sitting at the ecumenical temple and my mutations are:

Hooves for the feet
Fire breath
Highly magic resistant

(I'd post the character sheet but I don't know where to find it/or how to post it correctly :P)

Thanks!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 23:06

Re: Demonspawn Fighter help

I always put my fighters under Okes for the gear and (eventually) haste, but if I play a DS I usually go with Makhleb. Feels right.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 3rd February 2011, 00:07

DS of Lugonu. Always.

...but when I melee I usually go CK, so good luck finding an alter haha. Mostly for flavor, but the ability to blink with no spell casting/items is nice.

I'd probably go Okawaru or even Trog
Arsenal FC...I'm a gooner.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 3rd February 2011, 00:37

Yeah, I'm having trouble deciding between Trog or Mahkleb. What about generic fighter tips: is it better to be always training your whole skill set or should I turn off shields and armour or what not? The only character I've ascended was a Mountain Dwarf fighter of Oka, but that was more than a year ago and I can't remember what is reccomended anymore

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice