Tukima's dance oddities?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 31st March 2012, 21:29

Tukima's dance oddities?

I've overlooked this spell for the longest time and only recently started messing with it. Although the wiki SAYS that it doesn't work on artifacts or weapons with evokable effects, it does for me. The only thing it hasn't worked on so far is the Singing Sword. I even used it on a Rod of smiting. Though to my disappointment it didn't smite anything.
"Crawl is cruel. But we keep coming back to it like an abusive boyfriend. It keeps telling us how it will be different this time by giving us early robes of the archmagi and staves of fire. Then it backhands you with a Centaur on D4." ~Me

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 31st March 2012, 22:11

Re: Tukima's dance oddities?

It doesn't work on certain fixedarts as I understand it (like the Sword of Cerebov), not all artefacts. And while reaching is e(v)ocable dancing weapons still reach.
http://eronarn.info/misc/wiki.html ;)

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks:
Dustbin

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 1st April 2012, 05:47

Well I tested it with all the unrand artefacts and the only ones it didn't work on where: shillelagh "Devastator", Staff of Wucad Mu, Sword of Power, Obsidian Axe, Mace of Variability, Singing Sword, Sceptre of Asmodeus, Staff of Dispater, Sword of Zonguldrok, and Sceptre of Torment. It worked on other most of the other staves I tested it on.

Anyone think of anything else that it wouldn't work on that isn't covered by Decks, Ranged weapons, and these unrands?
"Crawl is cruel. But we keep coming back to it like an abusive boyfriend. It keeps telling us how it will be different this time by giving us early robes of the archmagi and staves of fire. Then it backhands you with a Centaur on D4." ~Me

For this message the author Xion350 has received thanks:
sir_laser

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 1st April 2012, 09:33

Unrandarts will dance. Only some of the fixed artefacts are immune.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Eringya's Employee

Post Sunday, 1st April 2012, 09:34

Dancing sword: Don't you think singing and dancing at the same time would be a bit too much? I'm not used to such stress.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 2nd April 2012, 19:50

TehDruid wrote:Dancing sword: Don't you think singing and dancing at the same time would be a bit too much? I'm not used to such stress.

Then pick up the Gentleman's Club instead, sir. It's great for a smashin' good time.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice