Lvl19 Dwarvin Hunter HELP

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 04:16

Lvl19 Dwarvin Hunter HELP

WOW I have actually found the Hall of ZOT on level 27 of the dungeon
this is the farthest I have ever made it Level 25 was previous record depth
I have cleaned out
the Lair
the Hive
the Orcish mines
the Elven Halls
I explored the first level of Hell am heading into the Vaults
Has anyone here got a clue as to what I should do now ????

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 04:21

Re: Lvl19 Dwarvin Hunter HELP

You might consider going back for Shoals/Swamp/Snake 1-4 before venturing into the Vault.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 04:41

ok I will do that as good a direction as any
I have been reading some of these posts
I now know how little of this game I have seen "as well as how little I know about forums like this"
even having been playing it for so long
Any advise would be welcome
My current plan is to locate a potion of cure mutation and get my stats back up
gain one more level so that I can learn the spell to forget the useless spells I have
am I to understand that if I enter the Abyss from an arch that I can find my way out again??

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 07:16

Crawlinsin1985 wrote:gain one more level so that I can learn the spell to forget the useless spells I have

The current version of Crawl has scrolls of amnesia that can do that for you (without needing to learn the Selective Amnesia spell).

Crawlinsin1985 wrote:am I to understand that if I enter the Abyss from an arch that I can find my way out again??

Not immediately. The arch is one way... then you have to search the Abyss for the portal out. (Or convert to Lugonu and use her power to exit.)

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 19:36

for mountain dwarf melee flavour characters i find wasting experience on spells hurts more than it helps until you have your main melee weapon skill maxed which usually comes early in the level 20's. okwaru is good for panic buttons since you don't have spells. i've beaten the game with your build. actually my first win of the four i have. MDFi, MDBe, MDHu, and MDGl and died on zot 5 with an artificer so i know the dwarves well.

you will want to do snake next if you have rPoi. i usually leave swamp and shoals until i've gotten to Vault 7. after vault 7 finish the dungeon down to 27, go back and get the two easy lair runes. clear blades and crypt. get the vault rune. do zot and if you have been cast into the abyss get that rune. all my wins have been 4 rune wins so far, no 3 rune wins. ctele no longer works for zot rune runs back to the entrance i've noticed so accension isn't as easy as it used to be.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 12th October 2011, 15:05

Happy Corner wrote:without needing to learn the Selective Amnesia spell

This spell is gone, I think, from 0.8+. It is only available from scrolls of amnesia, Sif's invocation, Wucad Mu staff and orange crystal statue courtesy.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice