Controlled Teleport and Blink

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 23rd January 2011, 17:48

Controlled Teleport and Blink

Out of curiosity, is there any way to do an uncontrolled blink while wearing a ring of teleport control? There are times I'd just like to be "somewhere else" and skip the glow. I know I could just take the ring off, but if there's some kind of interface trick to blink randomly, even more fun.

If glow is the cost of blinking with CTele, that's fine...
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 24th January 2011, 02:33

Re: Controlled Teleport and Blink

As far as I know, you can't. Usually the glow isn't worth worrying about though. Note that even if it takes you into yellow, your chances of being mutated are slim if you stop blinking as soon as it goes yellow.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 24th January 2011, 03:20

Re: Controlled Teleport and Blink

If you just want to victory dance with control teleport on, you can blink into a wall. The blink just fails. The relevant skills are trained, but you don't go anywhere and get no glow.

I do know you if you teleport into a wall or other completely impassable area, it will make controlled teleports uncontrolled, but I don't think it works the same with a blink.

If I had control teleport and wanted to blink, I'd probably just accept a little yellow glow as a hazard of that privilege. Mild yellow glow usually doesn't hurt too bad, and if I needed so much blinking that this last one put me over the top I probably should have used a better escape method earlier.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice