DDEE

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 1st March 2012, 21:40

DDEE

Noob here.

Playing a DDEE because I hear they are pretty simple spellcasters, but I am wondering what kind of spells I should be working towards.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 1st March 2012, 21:59

Re: DDEE

Earth spells.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 1st March 2012, 22:04

So, summon dragon and cure poison, right?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 1st March 2012, 22:31

You "work toward" whatever good spells you get. You can assume you will find iron shot eventually since it is a pretty common spell but beyond that it really depends on what books you find. Sometimes you don't find much of anything and maybe you decide to just go into heavy armour and kill stuff with weapons (or maybe you found a PDA); sometimes you find early Haste and go for charms; sometimes you'll get Shatter early and just go all-out on getting that online.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Boodz

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 07:13

From your starting book alone you want to get LRD up as quick as you can (without neglecting other things, like the ability to stay alive). It's really powerful and has a lot of utility, though somewhat weak against high armor targets.

Just um...don't use LRD on orcish idols...got a YASD recently when Beogh got upset and smited me for desecrating his stuff

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice