Immutable Laws of the Dungeon of Zot

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 4th January 2013, 15:57

Re: Immutable Laws of the Dungeon of Zot

daggaz wrote:This goes ten fold if you happened to have stumbled upon a ring of slaying as well. Ive stopped caring and soon I will just prematurely exit any character who finds any decent loot before lair. Who says thats not winning?

It's Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup: Treasure Hunt
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 14th January 2013, 18:42

Southpaw wrote:I've had that happen where I try my (currently highest) stack of potions first, which happen to be 4 cure mutation. I had 4 cure mutation and no curing. gg

I remember I was once poisoned a couple times by a blowgun on an early-game caster. I had one stack of three potions, and a bunch of singletons. Guess what the three were? !gain dexterity. No healing in sight, but I got to die with three more dex.

Also, the only game in which your stack of seven potions turns out to be mutation will be the one where you don't find two scrolls of ID by D:10.

snow wrote:As for them having electrocution items: it's tedious but you avoid enemies with glowing weapons until you have high HP.

Now that hadn't occurred to me before, but it's quite sane on a DE or something. I'll have to keep it in mind; DE's always give up the ghost shortly after I start playing them.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Barkeep

Post Monday, 14th January 2013, 19:41

byrel wrote:
snow wrote:As for them having electrocution items: it's tedious but you avoid enemies with glowing weapons until you have high HP.

Now that hadn't occurred to me before, but it's quite sane on a DE or something. I'll have to keep it in mind; DE's always give up the ghost shortly after I start playing them.

Well, if your DEs are letting dudes with glowing weapons into melee range, that's why they're dying ;)
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 17th January 2013, 04:00

njvack wrote:Well, if your DEs are letting dudes into melee range, period, that's why they're dying ;)

Fixed.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.
Previous

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice