Zot:5, a DEWz, and Berserkitis

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 13:42

Zot:5, a DEWz, and Berserkitis

Hi all,

So, I've gotten my DEWz all the way to level 27 and have cleared Zot:1-4. (Turns out: Fire Storm is worth the wait. So fun.)

But! My last act on Zot:4 was to find a Zot trap that's given me Berserkitis. Boo. But hey, at least I can also breathe fire now :P

My thought is: an unexpected 'zerk in the orb vault is pretty much certain death. But I realized I don't actually know what triggers it. Is it engaging in melee? Being in a high-tension situation? Being hit? If I totally refrain from hitting things, will I be safe?

If not, I've got a few options:

* Drink all the potions of mutation I can find (or learn Alter Self) and cast away until maybe I get better. This seems... risky.

* Wear a +Rage item (I've got a few laying around) to lessen the chance that zerking will make me pass out.

* Wander the Abyss until I find a potion of Cure Mutation (I quaff-id'd the dungeon's only one on D:2 or something)

* Learn Necromutation and do Zot:5 in lichform -- the undead can't zerk, so I should be safe, right? I've got a Necronomicon and could probably pull this one off now with my staff & ring of wizardry.

I'm kinda leaning towards lichform, as I've never been a lich before, and it kinda sounds fun. Resistances are nice.

Thoughts?
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 13:47

Re: Zot:5, a DEWz, and Berserkitis

Berserkitis can only trigger on melee hits. For a pure caster, it is not much of a problem. Be sure not to accidentally bump into things.
Kill 'em all!

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks:
njvack

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 13:54

Thanks. It is so on.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 15:02

Fabulous idea. I officially need to study up on inscription.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice