Slaying and +hit/+dam

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 06:14

Slaying and +hit/+dam

I'm trying to figure out the difference in bonuses to hit/damage when applied to rings of slaying vs other items (randart amulets, armor, etc).

They seem to be out of whack when compared to weapon +hit/damage, which seems to be a bit counterintuitive to me.

Does anyone know the difference of power between these bonuses when they appear on different pieces of equipment?

Thanks!

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 08:05

Re: Slaying and +hit/+dam

http://crawl.develz.org/info/index.php? ... of+slaying
>Makes you more deadly in both ranged and hand-to-hand combat. The damage bonus is added to weapon base damage, so it scales with weapon and Fighting skills.

http://crawl.develz.org/info/index.php? ... n%20damage
>Approximately: 1d(base*strength_bonus + slaying)*skill_bonus + 1d(to_dam) + various bonuses. Weapon brand is applied after monster AC reduction.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 16th October 2011, 17:12

moekitten wrote:http://crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=ring+of+slaying
>Makes you more deadly in both ranged and hand-to-hand combat. The damage bonus is added to weapon base damage, so it scales with weapon and Fighting skills.

WOW' thanks kitten.. i appreciate your post since i am a newbie on the game..

“Take things as they are. Punch with sap glove when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.”

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 15th November 2011, 03:34

It is an advantage to have an weapon +hit/damage to destroy a monster or a heroes.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 15th November 2011, 03:37

Note that the current trunk version has changes to the slaying effect (so it's more like regular weapon enchantment.)

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 15th November 2011, 15:37

I much more like the changes of their attack powers..

“Take things as they are. Punch with sap steel shot gloves when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.”
Last edited by AnnDempsey on Wednesday, 16th November 2011, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 15th November 2011, 17:16

minmay wrote:It's not just more like regular weapon enchantment in 0.10, it has the same exact effect.

Hrm...if I understood the code correctly (BIG caveat there), it performs exactly the same way, but is tracked separately (as opposed to just being additive.) So if you've got say a +5 dagger with +3 in slaying bonuses, you'd do dagger damage + 1d5 for the enchantment + 1d3 for the slaying (other factors aside.) If it were "the exact same effect", I'd expect it to be dagger damage + 1d8 (for slaying/enchantment).

Note - the formula above is probably way oversimplified - but hopefully it conveys the point.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 08:41

So im guessing it should be:

1d(base dmg)(str and dex bonus)(skill bonus) + 1d(enchantment + slaying + 1)-1

Massive nerf on slaying.
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice