Tackling Pharaoh levels in Ziggurat

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 5th November 2011, 00:09

Tackling Pharaoh levels in Ziggurat

Last time I got to do this was 0.9.0 trunk, and Tornado simplified things quite a bit: I'd just charge in with Darkness, cast Tornado, and keep healing and channeling. However, it was a sketchy proposition even then, and unless my Air skill is still too low, it seems that Tornado's duration was reduced in 0.9.1. So, I'd like a bit of advice before I throw away a good character. For what it's worth, it worships Sif Muna (with 21 points in Invocations), and it can cast Necromutation, Tornado, Ice Storm, Haste, C. Blink, and a few other things.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 5th November 2011, 00:31

Re: Tackling Pharaoh levels in Ziggurat

Haste, approach monsters, cast Death's Door, Controlled Blink to exit, cast Apportation if there's any good loot, and then bail out into the next level before Death's Door expires.

Works on most types of levels, actually.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2011, 01:46

Re: Tackling Pharaoh levels in Ziggurat

wait till they come for you (to keep their number low). kill them of in melee,+ haste/dispell undead/wands of fire against greater mummies/priests. when overrun: scrolls of fog + blink/teleport. tornado will wake them all up (use after already swarmed). you could still die - leaving the level fast like koboldlord suggests is probably smarter...

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice