Vamp Necro Suggestions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 17th January 2011, 00:51

Vamp Necro Suggestions

Hi, I like playing as the VpNe with Kikubaaqudgha as my god and using short blades for a balance of accuracy/speed/dmg . but I cant seem to get very far. The farthest I've been is D10 ... I like the species/class so I'm not looking for other types to play as. I'm just looking for any tips, hints, ideas, or whatever anyone has to offer. What am I doing wrong or missing?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 17th January 2011, 01:11

Re: Vamp Necro Suggestions

Well, I mean, you can be a necro without starting as a necro. Worshipping Kiku gets you -all- the necro books, including the starting one. So you can start out as something a little easier to manage, then support that with necro once you find a Kiku altar. So, I mean, starting as a reaver just so you have spellcasting and ignoring magic until you get the books is pretty viable.

But if that's not what you want, then, uh. ... Hm. Use long blades. Short blades is alright for early game, but there's no reason, as a "normal" sized race, to not switch over to long blades and reap the benefits of cross-training. Unless you're stabbing? I dunno. Then again, the pain brand is best used on fast weapons, so heck, use a sabre if you don't want to deal with long blades.

Either way, get a buckler. And use vampiric draining all the time.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice