Download Wiki for the Offline

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 3rd October 2011, 16:25

Download Wiki for the Offline

Hello,

i was thinking if it is possible to download an offline version of the Dungeon Crawl Wiki, i am actually trying a software called WinHTTrack for download an offline version of the entire site, but it is not working so well because i think that it could be downloading some doubled links and files ( i know that dungeon crawl is big but i think that 17k links could be too much ),

so i am asking here if there is a good alternative to this method, the wiki is in the MediaWiki format, but i really dont know how to get a dump of the archive or a way to utilize this fact

regards

PS : i REposted from the Crazy Yluf because i did not get answers and i am thinking that maybe was the wrong Section

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 3rd October 2011, 17:17

Re: Download Wiki for the Offline

Still wrong section. Moved to crawling advice, even though it's barely about crawl at all.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2011, 19:39

Re: Download Wiki for the Offline

It would be much simpler to download the learndb, and the info there is more up to date and accurate anyway:

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/learndb.html

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice