Testing out the no-ammo trunk, and I can't use f to fire?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 23rd February 2022, 03:11

Testing out the no-ammo trunk, and I can't use f to fire?

So I'm losing a fight to an adder, like I usually am, and tab has been disabled for being <50% life. By hey, the adder's <50% as well, so again, like usual...I'mma gonna just keep tabbing and see if I win. Normally I'd use f and fire ammo that way, but now that there is no ammo, there's no option to fire there. I can't attack by walking into the adder, that would perform a melee attack.

How do I shoot? I could, but would prefer not to, disable the autofight limit. Would like to keep that intact.

Update: I attempted to fire the shortbow itself, and ended up throwing the bow itself at the adder. The adder was unimpressed. I then ran to the nearest melee weapon the ground (only 3 tiles away!), and picked it up, and then was dead before I could equip it. I did not expect success. Would still love to know if there was any way to fire.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 23rd February 2022, 14:18

Re: Testing out the no-ammo trunk, and I can't use f to fire

Since a few versions ago `v` is the default binding for "manually target main weapon" (CMD_PRIMARY_ATTACK), and this works for all wieldable weapons. However, last night I did re-add the possibility of quivering ranged weapons to use f/p since this has been a very common question (I don't think this change to `v` had a good PR campaign, and people are pretty hardwired for `ff` anyways). This will take the usual amount of time to roll out to all servers. Also `F` should work.

For this message the author advil has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 24th February 2022, 03:46

Re: Testing out the no-ammo trunk, and I can't use f to fire

Agree that the v change wasn't very widely known, but I think now that I know, I'll probably use that over f, since f fires so many other things. Thanks for the update!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice