Octopode beastly apendage strange interaction

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 14th February 2022, 17:14

Octopode beastly apendage strange interaction

So, i was playing an octopode transmuter and got a lucky early scroll of acquirement and picked mask of the dragon. After equipping the mask and first time i cast beastly appendage spell the mask melded!

Now i read the spell and it says it melds things on affected appendage but as an octopode i got spiky tentacle (i did not get horns) and mask that is on head slot melded. Is this a bug or a feature?

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 14th February 2022, 23:02

Re: Octopode beastly apendage strange interaction

chromat wrote:So, i was playing an octopode transmuter and got a lucky early scroll of acquirement and picked mask of the dragon. After equipping the mask and first time i cast beastly appendage spell the mask melded!

Now i read the spell and it says it melds things on affected appendage but as an octopode i got spiky tentacle (i did not get horns) and mask that is on head slot melded. Is this a bug or a feature?

Beastly appendage changed to grow multiple appendages but also to meld all aux armour in the relevant slots. This is by design, but the effects are pretty weird on an octopode wearing a hat.
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 16th February 2022, 11:03

Ah, ok thank you so it is known issue.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 16th February 2022, 15:04

chromat wrote:Ah, ok thank you so it is known issue.

I didn't say that; I have no idea if this effect is one the developers are aware of.
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice