Some updated rc files?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 07:08

Some updated rc files?

Hi,

is there some updated\useful rc files?

I'm using a outdated and custom version of HilariousDeathArtist's one but with the last versions changes most of the reasons I was using it are anymore.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 10:05

Re: Some updated rc files?

Well, I used to have a huge rc file but then I tried 0.25 with default rc file, it was quite playable. Probably you need to clarify what you are looking for. Force more for dangerous monsters coming into view?
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 10:46

You can browse ff.rc for ideas, if you want to. I haven't updated it in a couple of months, it's not remotely "ready for public release", and there are some recent changes to the mainline clua api that will require minor compatibility tweaks to fix, but I think there are some concepts in there that have been uncommon/nonexistent in previous rcfiles + crawl bots.

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks:
nago

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2020, 09:31

Whoa, that's a big file, I hope I'll have time to tweak it.
Thank you - but I still hope some already ready file shows up.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks:
Implojin

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2020, 11:26

nago wrote:Whoa, that's a big file, I hope I'll have time to tweak it.
Thank you - but I still hope some already ready file shows up.

My intent with ff.rc is generally "Automate out all the boring parts", with an eye towards reducing the realtime required to play a vanilla DCSS game down to something approaching coffeebreak duration. The script engages when you press Tab, and generally returns control to the player when it thinks something interesting is happening.

Some potentially useful things I've written in there that you might like to look at:
autoshop, this adds things eligible for autopickup to your shoplist automatically, before showing you the shop window
autoequip, which uses predefined ego / artprop weightings to wear whatever it considers most useful in your inventory
autodrop, this tries to handle inventory management in an automated way so you don't have to spend half of your realtime at midgame+ juggling items
auto-minLOS, this uses dijkstra's pathfinding to locate and path to a nearby position with minimum visibility from which it can autofight
auto-id, auto-uncurse, auto branch travel, auto orbrun pathing,
autoskilling templating using predefined targets,
per-game realtime keycode input tracking (in offline wizmode only), to help you figure out what inputs you've spent the most realtime on for realtime optimization

There's a bunch of stuff in there, and it's approaching the level of a full Crawl bot, but a lot of the code is still really rough and not ready for public use. It does not currently work well with all combos; you don't want to use this stuff if you're streaking.

Still, using some of these optimizations, I've taken my 3 rune gametime down from ~2h 30min to ~0h 45 min. (This is a little bit longer if used online, because the folks in ##crawl-dev request that large clua scripts have a ~100ms delay between actions.)

If you do end up using any pieces of that code, and you make any useful modifications, please feel free to send me a pull request at that repository.
Last edited by Implojin on Tuesday, 21st July 2020, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks: 2
nago, shping

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2020, 11:51

There are a few other rcs that have potentially useful things in them:

gammafunk's rc is more-or-less kept up to date, I think:
https://github.com/gammafunk/dcss-rc

There's this auto-pillardancing script I've seen some people on CKO using, which seems kind of neat:
https://github.com/marksg07/pillardance

sgrunt's old bot gw has some really neat stuff in it, by crawlrc standards:
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/rcfiles ... 0.17/gw.rc
(half of the clua in gw is probably broken by now; Crawl's clua api has changed somewhat since this was written)

And the obvious, qw, which has been folded into the crawl repo umbrella:
https://github.com/crawl/qw/blob/master/qw.rc

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks: 2
nago, shping

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice