Immolation and Cloud Immunity?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2020, 23:57

Immolation and Cloud Immunity?

Had a slightly weird experience today, and I'm not quite sure if this is intentional or not.

I was running around Lair:2 with a scarf of cloud immunity (the only bit of cloak armor I'd found so far), and got the idea to use a scroll of immolation against a herd of yaks - after all, the cloud immunity would mean the fire only hurt them.

Turns out the scarf doesn't protect you from the immolation scroll's clouds of flame. Is cloud immunity supposed to work this way, or did I just get unlucky with a bug? What exactly does the ego protect you from?
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st July 2020, 00:29

Re: Immolation and Cloud Immunity?

It should protect you from freezing, mephitic, poisonous and miasma clouds at least. I guess immolation is more like an explosion than cloud...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st July 2020, 01:02

It protects you from the residual effects from standing around in clouds. Immolation causes things to explode in a fireball-like way, and leave behind fire clouds. The damage from the explosion isn't cloud damage, and the scarf provides no protection from it.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
petercordia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 1st July 2020, 09:40

Yup, it must be the explosion.

Scarf of cloud immunity apparently doesn't exist in 0.25, so I tried with the Robe of Clouds. You get damaged by the initial blast, but you can stand safely inside the clouds.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice