Torpor recovery

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 21st June 2020, 21:50

Torpor recovery

So, I finally upgraded my offline tiles game to 0.24 version. Went for a standard MiBe to test out any interesting changes, and stumbled across something I can't really make out clearly. Rupert made an appearance in L: accompanied by a torpor snail. After the berserk on my char wore off, the torpor snail was still alive and killing it restored my char to normal speed immediately. In short, killing the snail skipped the recovery from the berserk crash.

I have two questions:
1) Bug or feature?
2) Is there a way to examine one of the morgue files (3 for each char) in more detail to pinpoint these occurrences? Basically, a line by line debug or replay that can help me catch any (un)intended strange interactions within the game.

Full chardump: here.
There is always something new to learn.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 21st June 2020, 23:39

Re: Torpor recovery

Did it just end the slow effect, or both the exhausted (-berserk) and the slow effect?

I just tried it now in 0.25, and the slow does indeed disappear when you kill the snail. You still have the -berserk.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 22nd June 2020, 12:54

Re: Torpor recovery

Shtopit wrote:Did it just end the slow effect, or both the exhausted (-berserk) and the slow effect?

I just tried it now in 0.25, and the slow does indeed disappear when you kill the snail. You still have the -berserk.

It only ended the slow, which should have lasted for quite a while longer. The -berserk status lasted the normal duration.
There is always something new to learn.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice