Screwed up.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 15th May 2020, 20:53

Screwed up.

Yeah, I know I screwed up a couple of times. But most interested in how to have done a better skill build.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/grinr ... 004729.txt

When I engaged at the end, (and prematurely at that, dam dispersal trap), I was not where I think I should have been earth/fire magic skill wise. Suggestions most welcome.

Note one: I let earth magic run the whole time. I started fighting shortly after I got stone arrow to a reasonable place. I started fire as soon as I got a fire spell and let it keep running the whole time.

Note two: I had two manuals during the course of the run: Stealth and conjuration. I let both these skill run till the manuals expired.

Note three: Guide said to train necro when you got these two spells. Unless I missed it, never did have those spells.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 15th May 2020, 22:00

Re: Screwed up.

Frankly, you had Ignition and Shatter castable but not memorised. You had enough skill, you just were't using it.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 15th May 2020, 22:11

Re: Screwed up.

I do not completely understand your question. What skill levels did you expected for fire and earth and why? Which guide do you talk about and which necromancy spells?

I personally would never train any fire magic with an earth elementalist. I would not train stealth that high (or at all) with this character, manual or not.

I would have memorized Shatter and train Earth just a little bit more for it.
I would have trained some melee weapon (like maces for Eos) (not necessary, but personal style), probably learn some summoning spells, and train even more defences than you.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice