Cloning Webtiles To Local

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 13:51

Cloning Webtiles To Local

Quick Question, Is it possible to clone a webtiles game to a local save?

It may be a little scummy, but theres lots of situations where I'd like to be able to run through a simulation of a particular branch with my current webtiles character. I've tried doing this before in wizmode, but couldn't figure out how to generate all the randart equipment etc.

Reason: I have a long standing 14 rune game and all i have left to do is Tomb. I've only done it once before, and I've forgotten it now. I'd be mortified if I died to some stupid mistake - so I'd like to run through it offline first just as a bit of practice!

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 15:30

Re: Cloning Webtiles To Local

you can copy all of a characters equipment, stats, and experience by saving a character dump locally and using WIZMODE &#
It's buggy when you have equipment / mutations which give stats, can't copy dungeon information, and is finicky when it comes to the dump save file name and location, but it works

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 18:01

Can you elaborate a bit on this?

When I press # in wizmode, it just says its not a wizmode command and dumps my character file for the local, offline player?

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 18:50

I've done this quite a long time ago tbh
I recall pressing &?# in that order, and then entering the file name

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 17th January 2020, 02:24

So &# loads a morgue file and attempts to clone a character's skills, stats, and equipment, you can create a dump, and if you are playing on a server where you have access to your morgues you can copy/paste it locally into a file and then use &# to load the file.

BUT It does a poor job copying artifacts, and doesn't get everything "exactly" right (for example, it doesn't know which stats are the result of equipment and temporary bonuses/penalties). More to the point though, it sounds like the OP wants to "play through the situation they're in currently" which requires more than just duplicating the character (which &# does an Ok job of) it would require also cloning the *rest of the game they're in* which you can't do very well (If you have your game seed, you could start a new seeded run and use wizmode commands to jump to the right place, so you could approximate it relatively well, I suppose.)

FWIW the save files should be cross platform compatible, so if you can get ahold of a copy of your actual save file, you could just load it up and play it normally.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 17th January 2020, 13:33

Thanks guys. I'm not looking to have it exactly the same, more just want to run through Tomb with my current character so I know a bit of what to expect. It's not necessary to get it completely the same, although. I guess I would need to somehow skip to the tomb entrance.

I've tried &# and it just tells me its not a valid wizmode command and dumps my existing character. However, I am on a Mac - which doesn't have a # key (Need to do option+3) so maybe this is having an effect. I'll try it on a windows machine with a proper # key and see how I get on.

Thanks!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice