New player looking for advice

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 11:48

New player looking for advice

I just got into playing after watching a few videos, and I'm enjoying myself so far, but I've also come to accept that I'm not great at the game. I find myself frequently confused as to which skills to pick and whether or not a weapon is better than what I already have. So kind of looking for some advice on general skill levelling things, in particular regards to Berserker Minotaur and IE Merfolk, which are the two character types I've been playing. Should I be focusing on only a few skills initially and adding others later?

My recent game with MiBe was fairly good, it was the first time I got into the Lair side branches. Died on Vault 5, entirely my own fault since it was my first time there and I panicked and didn't use my items enough. Still not entirely sure if I picked weapons and skills well enough. I started with a mace and trained it, fighting and armour initially, then added dodging later on and shields when I finally got a buckler. Had some Evocaton, but not much. I had a bunch of chest armour, because I wasn't sure whether or not the brands were better than the AC levels. Same reason I had two weapons.

Code:
329762 Fortuna the Slayer (level 20, -3/198 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Berserker on June 16, 2019.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Killed from afar by a deep elf mage (26 damage)
             ... with a bolt of cold
             ... on level 5 of the Vaults.
             The game lasted 04:18:58 (50838 turns).

Fortuna the Slayer (Minotaur Berserker)            Turns: 50838, Time: 04:18:59

Health: -3/198     AC: 36    Str: 35    XL:     20   Next: 83%
Magic:  0/7        EV: 18    Int:  4    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   4666       SH: 17    Dex: 14    Spells: 19/19 levels left

rFire    . . .     SeeInvis +   W - +1 eveningstar (antimagic)
rCold    . . .     Gourm    .   m - +2 shield {reflect}
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   B - +1 crystal plate armour of the Cicada {rN+ Str+5 SInv}
rPois    +         Spirit   +   (helmet restricted)
rElec    .         Reflect  +   L - scarf {repulsion}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   D - +1 pair of gloves
MR       +....                  Z - +1 pair of boots {Fly}
Stlth    ..........             G - amulet of guardian spirit
HPRegen  0.43/turn              t - ring of resist corrosion
MPRegen  0.10/turn              z - ring "Inumur" {rPois Dex+3}

@: studying Maces & Flails, repel missiles
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, molten scales 1
}: 2/15 runes: barnacled, gossamer
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion, Evoke Flight

You were on level 5 of the Vaults.
You worshipped Trog.
Trog was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 7 branches of the dungeon, and saw 37 of its levels.

You collected 8078 gold pieces.
You spent 3412 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 e - the +5 demon whip "Spellbinder" {antimagic, MR+}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

It reduces the magical energy of the wielder, and disrupts the spells and
   magical abilities of those hit. Natural abilities and divine invocations are
   not affected.

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 W - a +1 antimagic eveningstar (weapon)
Missiles
 V - 6 javelins of returning (quivered)
Armour
 d - a +2 large shield
 m - a +2 shield of reflection (worn)
 B - the +1 crystal plate armour of the Cicada (worn) {rN+ Str+5 SInv}
   (You acquired it on level 4 of the Vaults)   

It affects your strength (+5).
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It lets you see invisible.
 D - a +1 pair of gloves (worn)
 L - a scarf of repulsion (worn)
 N - +0 fire dragon scales
 X - a +3 chain mail of cold resistance
 Y - a +2 plate armour of magic resistance
 Z - a +1 pair of boots of flying (worn)
Jewellery
 t - a ring of resist corrosion (left hand)
 y - an uncursed ring of fire
 z - the ring "Inumur" (right hand) {rPois Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)   

[ring of poison resistance]

It affects your dexterity (+3).
   It protects you from poison.
 G - an amulet of guardian spirit (around neck)
Wands
 a - a wand of paralysis (23)
 j - a wand of acid (29)
 o - a wand of flame (29)
 v - a wand of clouds (7)
 H - a wand of disintegration (54)
 P - a wand of random effects (11)
 Q - a wand of iceblast (6)
 T - a wand of digging (17)
Scrolls
 b - 2 scrolls of silence
 f - 17 scrolls of remove curse
 g - 2 scrolls of blinking
 i - 7 scrolls of teleportation
 p - 4 scrolls of immolation
 q - 2 scrolls of fear
 r - 6 scrolls of identify
 x - 5 scrolls of fog
 A - 3 scrolls of enchant armour
 F - 2 scrolls of enchant weapon
 J - 2 scrolls of holy word
 U - 7 scrolls of magic mapping
Potions
 h - 2 potions of cancellation
 k - 4 potions of might
 l - 8 potions of heal wounds
 n - 2 potions of haste
 u - 11 potions of curing
 w - 3 potions of magic
 C - a potion of berserk rage
 I - 10 potions of ambrosia
 K - 2 potions of agility
 M - 2 potions of resistance
 O - 3 potions of mutation
 R - a potion of flight
 S - 4 potions of invisibility
Books
 E - a manual of Maces & Flails
Comestibles
 c - 22 rations

Skills:
 + Level 21.3 Fighting
 - Level 20.0 Maces & Flails
 + Level 20.7 Armour
 + Level 19.7 Dodging
 - Level 15.0 Shields
 - Level 5.0 Evocations

You had 19 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.
Your spell library was empty.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:6            Lair (6/6) D:8
 Shoals (4/4) Lair:2       Spider (4/4) Lair:2        Slime (0/5) Lair:6
    Orc (2/2) D:12            Elf (0/3) Orc:2        Vaults (5/5) D:14
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:3     Depths (0/5) D:15       

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Gozag
Hepliaklqana
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Sif Muna
Trog
Uskayaw
Vehumet
Wu Jian
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:7 ?   D:12 !   D:14 [   D:15 *   Orc:2 (=([   Shoals:4 ?   Vaults:1 :
Vaults:2 (

Annotations:
D:2 Natasha
D:4 3 runed translucent doors, exclusion: 3 doors, xfalz's ghost, amateur HOFE
D:11 1 runed translucent door, exclusion: door, Ariptu's ghost, journeyman MiFi
D:12 1 runed translucent door, exclusions: door and orange crystal statue
D:15 1 exclusion
Lair:4 1 runed translucent door, exclusion: door, Laummuim's ghost, journeyman
FeFi
Vaults:1 3 runed translucent doors, exclusion: 3 doors, SlowGraham's ghost,
legendary KoMo
Abyss:1 Ilsuiw

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You reflexively headbutt those who attack you in melee.
You have a pair of horns on your head.
You are partially covered in molten scales. (AC +2)

I think I was doing okay with things, I just tripped up too much and really shouldn't have gone to V:5 before Depths.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 12:17

Re: New player looking for advice

Your skills are not so bad they made you lose. It would be better not to skill maces and flails past mindelay for the eveningstar and you would probably have been better off with a 2-handed weapon. Using axes is more forgiving for new players, I think. Your equipment choices look more questionable to me, but hard to comment without knowing what generated. You want to use those enchant scrolls.
This is where mechanical excellence and one-thousand four-hundred horsepower pays off.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 12:35

tealizard wrote:Your skills are not so bad they made you lose. It would be better not to skill maces and flails past mindelay for the eveningstar and you would probably have been better off with a 2-handed weapon. Using axes is more forgiving for new players, I think. Your equipment choices look more questionable to me, but hard to comment without knowing what generated. You want to use those enchant scrolls.

My equipment choices were really bad, I'm pretty sure. I just didn't know what to do with. I got a great mace from Trog earlier on and used it most of the time until I got the demon whip and then the eveningstar, and then I wasn't sure about which to use. A lot of what I found said eveningstars and demon whips were amazing so I ended up swapping from the great mace and I think I forgot to turn maces and flails off at that point.

I hesitated on the enchant because of the brands confusing me for the plate armour. Would it have been best to do what I did and stick with the rN+ S and see invis on the crystal plate since it's the highest AC?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 13:05

If you don't have armor you want to commit to, use scrolls on boots etc. The cpa you had is fine, unclear whether you have anything better available.
This is where mechanical excellence and one-thousand four-hundred horsepower pays off.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 14:03

FortunaDraken wrote:My equipment choices were really bad, I'm pretty sure. I just didn't know what to do with. I got a great mace from Trog earlier on and used it most of the time until I got the demon whip and then the eveningstar, and then I wasn't sure about which to use. A lot of what I found said eveningstars and demon whips were amazing so I ended up swapping from the great mace and I think I forgot to turn maces and flails off at that point.

I hesitated on the enchant because of the brands confusing me for the plate armour. Would it have been best to do what I did and stick with the rN+ S and see invis on the crystal plate since it's the highest AC?

Eveningstars and demon whips are amazing with a shield, and you had one. Reflection is a solid boost to both survival and damage. The chardump also has a manual for maces in it, so you weren't really at fault for skilling past 18 imo. The armours are a different matter, but I'd choose the crystal randart over others. I can't tell with certainty without knowing about other potential loot you left behind, but it is the most convenient of the ones shown here.

"Spellbinder" is actually quite dangerous to use without assorted resistances or escape options, even more so against powerful enemies. Aside from the {antimagic} it also produces miscast effects, which scale up with the enemies you fight. Unless playing for the fun (loose definition) of it, stay away from this one.
There is always something new to learn.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 14:22

Sorcerous wrote:
FortunaDraken wrote:My equipment choices were really bad, I'm pretty sure. I just didn't know what to do with. I got a great mace from Trog earlier on and used it most of the time until I got the demon whip and then the eveningstar, and then I wasn't sure about which to use. A lot of what I found said eveningstars and demon whips were amazing so I ended up swapping from the great mace and I think I forgot to turn maces and flails off at that point.

Eveningstars and demon whips are amazing with a shield, and you had one. Reflection is a solid boost to both survival and damage. The chardump also has a manual for maces in it, so you weren't really at fault for skilling past 18 imo. The armours are a different matter, but I'd choose the crystal randart over others. I can't tell with certainty without knowing about other potential loot you left behind, but it is the most convenient of the ones shown here.

"Spellbinder" is actually quite dangerous to use without assorted resistances or escape options, even more so against powerful enemies. Aside from the {antimagic} it also produces miscast effects, which scale up with the enemies you fight. Unless playing for the fun (loose definition) of it, stay away from this one.

I did notice the thing with Spellbinder. It was in one of my Orc Mine shops and I got it shortly after venturing into Shoals. Found there was a lot of times that I had random summons on my side from the miscasts, and I had to confirm hitting things a lot. It got annoying, as did the occasional enemies being banished to the Abyss. The explosive magics were also definitely A Thing.

Is that from Spellbinder specifically, or the antimagic brand? I noticed the description for anything Trog gave me with antimagic on it mentioned the miscasts.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 15:03

The miscast effects are specific to spellbinder. Normal antimagic weapons are very good with Trog. Plain antimagic's effect is that the enemies sometimes do not cast spells, and instead do nothing (but without any miscast effects).

Either a demon whip/eveningstar with a shield or a great mace is good enough. Especially with a good brand like antimagic. Enchant up the first you get!

The properties on the crystal plate armour do not worth to harm your defenses. A crystal plate armour is very good for a MiBe, but only +1 enchantment is bad, especially if you have enchant armour scrolls. Artefact armours are often not very good because they cannot be enchanted.

Your death is not due to skilling or equipment choice (as tealizard has mentioned, but I'd like to stress). This does not mean that your choices are optimal, but they are good enough to win with easily, with proper tactics. If you want to win, do not spend too much time to optimizing between good enough choices: choose the first good weapon you find and first good armour, and focus on your tactics to finish the game. (You can ask if a weapon/armour is good enough.)

Entering V5 early, however, could be a mistake. Usually, the last level of Vaults is harder then Depths. V5 is a somewhat fixed level (a whole level vault), which can be very hard for beginners.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 19:23

I would have enchanted the shield (because it's a branded medium shield), and probably the eveningstar too. Eveningstar + medium shield can carry you all the way to Zot. Enchant weapon scrolls are less important with Trog because he'll usually give you an amazing artifact at some point.

Eveningstar + medium shield is good for learning the game imo, because it's not as forgiving as an axe. It will force you to figure out how to not-be-surrounded.

I agree your death was probably not due to a strategical mistakes, but due to Vaults:5. Ideally you should delay Vaults:5, especially if you use a mace+shield (because in Vaults you sometimes cannot avoid being surrounded & swarmed). You'll need to learn strategies which are specific to Vaults:5 in order to survive it reliably.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 23:23

One point I'll add that I didn't see mentioned above:

At that depth, fire and cold resistance are much more useful to have on than poison, and rCorr is only usually worth putting on if there's a particular corrosive enemy threatening you. Odds are a ring of cold resistance and a ring of fire resistance have both spawned by the time you reach Vaults 5, and having even a single pip of rF and rC will do a great deal to improve your survivability in the later areas of the game.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2019, 23:38

Don't enchant shields unless your other equipment is maxed and you're at a point in the game where you will not switch later. Also reflect is a bad shield brand and should not influence your decisions about what to use or how to allocated enchant scrolls. It's all about protection brand shields.

My somewhat controversial view is that if you're going to use a shield on a melee character, you should go big. Shield penalties for large shields are not that bad around 15 shields and you get a lot more SH.

Regarding armor and enchant scroll use, a reasonable approach is to look for plate of fire resistance and immediately commit to that. The odds of picking up something that'll make you want switch later are low and it will be solid throughout the game. Otherwise use enchant armor on non-body armor early on.

For this message the author tealizard has received thanks: 3
duvessa, nago, sanka

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 13:49

Been reading and playing some more, thank you for the advice and answers.

I think my current run has potential to possibly win if I don't get overconfident. I've finished Snake and Swamp, and the first 4 levels of Vault. Heading into Depths next. Dunno how to grab logs from characters in progress, so I took screenshots instead. The boots are +2 and the shield is +5, I realised I had enhance armour scrolls after taking these.

I've got a couple of scrolls of summoning and a Vial of Floods, so I'm wondering if a way of eventually dealing with V:5 would be popping haste, agility and might potions, dropping down, BIA, Summon Scroll, Floods and then go to town with potential back up teleport if it gets ugly and the stairs get sealed.

EDIT: Weapon question. I've got that +9 frost eveningstar, and picked up (and enchanted) a +9 demon whip of electrocution in the Depths. I've got a scroll of brand weapon, is it worth risking it on either of them?

Also man, the Depths introduced me in fine fashion. Step in, and within 10 turns, banished into the Abyss. Luckily that eveningstar is amazing on single enemies and I found an exit early.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 14:51

Your equipment looks very solid.
I would enchant the boots of running and switch to a cloak if possible.

You can generate a log of a character in progress by pressing #

Your proposed method for dealing with V:5 sounds very expensive - 2 scrolls of summoning can save your life in extremely dangerous situations. (Which you might get into through bad play or an unlucky shaft.) Beyond that, I'm not sure whether it would work. The V:5 entrance throws a lot of enemies at you. The temptation if you use consumables when entering V:5 is to stick around too long (because you don't want to feel you've wasted the consumables). I've lost one or two charters that way.

With berserkers I actually prefer Slime over V:5. If you have good throwing skill or Evocations skill (about 15) you can pull if of without any real risk to your character, and with only modest consumable use. BTW, I'd always train throwing or evocations on a berserker, but maybe that's just a personal preference.

If you had more throwing skill, you could ruthlessly stairdance V:5. ie: Never fight on V:5 until all enemies are gone, except to throw javelins at Vault wardens or to kill a Tentacled Monstrosity that's constricting you. You'd also need more javelins to pull this off.
You could also take a shaft in, read magic mapping, and then keep teleporting until you're in a good place to keep fighting. This works much better if you have stealth or high hp-regeneration or vampirism. It also requires experience to tell you which position is 'good enough', and burns through a significant number of teleport scrolls.

Whilst in Depths I'd train 100% evocations or pure throwing (depending on the number of javelins and wands in the game), and set a skill target of about 16.
Again, this is just my way of playing.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 14:58

Enchanting shields is a waste in my opinion. It would have been better to wait - you could find better armour later which can be enchanted. But it does not matter that much, so do not worry.

It is hard to believe that the ring of cold resistance is your best second ring. The best rings usually give AC, EV or slaying. You can switch to resistance rings quickly if there is a monster with an appropriate attack, but the second pip of a resistance may not even worth it then. Since you have spirit shield even rings of magic power are better, since they give you HP, which is always useful! (Usually not the best option though.)

Training either Evocation (if you have good misc items) or throwing (if you have a lot of javelins) are good: you have a method to kill monsters from range. Evocation also gives you MP, which is HP with spirit shield.

The main tactics for Vaults 5: do NOT fight in the middle. The level is arranged so that if you start to fight there, there will be noise and all monsters will go towards the centre, in an area where they can all see you. This not only gets you surrounded with many high-level monsters, but it also involves titans who can airstrike you from the back or deep elf demonologists/ancient liches who can summon fiends that torment you from the back. Things can go down very quickly. Teleport may not be quick enough and can land you in an even worse spot.

Instead, quaff haste (and other potions you think useful) before going down, immediately read a magic mapping scroll, and stop. Decide which point is the best on the level to fight, and try to go there quickly, without making much noise. Usually, it is inside one of the four quadrants, sometimes (rarely) all four are bad and the best thing to do is to run towards the corridors in the edge. Generally, the less open a position the better, since fever monsters can see you. You never want to be surrounded in the open. Also, consider moving to a different place if some monster (like a fire giant) made a lot of noise, unless you have a very convenient position already. Use consumables, and use Trog's hand to quickly regenerate health all the time you are damaged. Clean the level slowly, try not to attract too many monsters.

Brother in arms and scroll of summoning are not good things to use in the middle. They are costly and the enemies will defeat them. In particular, scroll of summoning is a little bit weaker in V5 then in many other levels in my experience. That is because the scroll summons general monsters appropriate to the level, but V5 contains special high-level monsters, so the summons will be weaker than the opponents. Do not hesitate to use them of course if you need them, but I would not use them in the middle.

Somebody with much better V5 knowledge may give you better advice.

Only try Slime instead of V5 if you have resist corrosion. You may also get some bad mutations there. The fight with the royal jelly is potentially deadly as well - learn about it before you attempt to defeat it.

While I personally think V5 is easier with most characters than Slime, I think what decide is in which situation can you find a good tactics. So it depends on your personal knowledge about the game mostly.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 15:15

I admittedly don't know much about the latter parts of the game, outside of watching videos. I haven't stepped foot in Slime yet, but it sort of terrifies me a little. I might try it though once I finish up Depths, just to see if I can handle it. I'd definitely prefer to take it on if it was possible than go with Vault, after how badly my last attempt at Vault went.

I mostly enchanted my stuff because I had a dumb amount of enchant scrolls (I still have more enchant weapon scrolls than I can use) and I didn't want to sit on them. The rings I can probably do something about, I know there's +AC ones I've left behind. Wasn't sure if they were really worth it given my current habit of forgetting to change equipment if a monster does more of X attack type to me.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 16:52

It's good that you're scared of Slime; Slime can kill you if you aren't careful :P
Mostly Slime just has a bunch of enemies with moderately high attack, hp, and speed. None of them can shout, which you should abuse. In addition the Slime Creatures, Acid Blobs, Eyes, and The Royal Jelly (TRJ) require modified tactics. rCorr & rC++ are recommended for slime, but not required.

Slime Creatures have the tendency to merge. This makes getting swarmed by slimes more deadly than you would usually expect. If a merged slime is adjacent to a unmerged slime creature, you should usually kill that unmerged slime creature. This will cause the merged slime creature to unmerge. If you get mobbed too badly, you need to flee.
Acid Blobs can massively corrode you (even at range) and do high damage. Stairs are useful, and rCorr makes them less dangerous.
Some Eyes can do really nasty stuff to you. Check what they do and decide whether they need to be taken out asap. Silver javelins are very good against shining eyes. Because they're piercing, you can kill a shining eye whilst hiding behind slimes. Don't get yourself killed trying to avoid mutations though. BiA is also good against eyes (as well as other things).

TRJ is fast, hits hard, and spits out jellies whenever his is damaged. He cannot follow you up stairs. Try not to damage him if you can't kill him immediately. Don't be afraid to teleport/run away if he catches you in an unfavourable position.
Against TRJ, the 2 most reliable tactics I've found (for this character) are:
net -> bunch of (silver) javelins ->immolation -> bunch of silver javelins
net -> vulnerability -> polymorph -> run away -> come back later (ideally go up some stairs and come down elsewhere. Fan of gales can help.)

BTW, can anyone explain why you shouldn't enchant shields?
I always thought a point of SH is as useful as a point of AC in most circumstances, and I often enchant shields :?:

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 17th June 2019, 18:05

Well, I simply think that a point of AC is much more useful than a point of SH, so that's why I rarely enchant shields.

Also, in the past I found the best method against the royal jelly is to fight in the corridor in the middle and summon a bunch of things around it, so it cannot spawn anything. That is until I read Yermak's advice about killing it with Ru :-)

For this message the author sanka has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 18th June 2019, 00:53

I finished Vault 5! I went down with a teleport already read and with haste and agility potions on. It teleported me just outside the guard ring so I ran up the quadrant wall I was near and over to the next one's outer wall to line of sight everyone into walking into me and the BIA I summoned. It went surprisingly well, I'm happy. I've got 3 runes now, gulp.

I generated the text file for my character, I thiiiink I'm okay to start cleaning up Zot carefully. Went back and bought a +5 ring of protection from a shop in Snake to replace one of mine.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.23.2 (tiles) character file.

Game seed: 14619564371502810935

Fortuna the Slayer (Minotaur Berserker)            Turns: 62844, Time: 04:46:15

Health: 245/245    AC: 47    Str: 31    XL:     25   Next: 2%
Magic:  26/26      EV: 18    Int:  4    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   2158       SH: 33    Dex: 13    Spells: 24/24 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis .   R - +9 eveningstar (freeze)
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   B - +7 large shield
rNeg     + + .     Faith    .   x - +4 crystal plate armour "Tiotz" {MR+}
rPois    +         Spirit   +   U - +1 hat of the Dragon {rN+}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   V - scarf {cloud immunity}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   W - +2 pair of gloves "Mucager" {rElec}
MR       ++...                  v - +2 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    ..........             b - amulet of Life {Spirit rPois rC+ rN+}
HPRegen  0.50/turn              h - +5 ring of protection
MPRegen  0.20/turn              q - ring of protection from fire

@: quick
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2
}: 3/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, silver
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion

You are on level 5 of the Vaults.
You worship Trog.
Trog is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 8 branches of the dungeon, and seen 43 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 1 time.
You have also visited: Bailey and Volcano.

You have collected 6577 gold pieces.
You have spent 4419 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 I - a +9 demon whip of electrocution
 R - a +9 eveningstar of freezing (weapon)
Missiles
 a - 7 silver javelins (quivered)
Armour
 v - a +2 pair of boots of running (worn)
 x - the +4 crystal plate armour "Tiotz" (worn) {MR+}
   (You acquired it on level 3 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 B - a +7 large shield (worn)
 U - the +1 hat of the Dragon (worn) {rN+}

V - a scarf of cloud immunity (worn)
 W - the +2 pair of gloves "Mucager" (worn) {rElec}

It insulates you from electricity.
Jewellery
 b - the amulet of Life (around neck) {Spirit rPois rC+ rN+}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 3 of the Snake Pit)   

[amulet of guardian spirit]

It causes incoming damage to be split between your health and magic.
   It protects you from cold.
   It protects you from poison.
 h - a +5 ring of protection (left hand)
 q - a ring of protection from fire (right hand)
 C - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 Z - an uncursed ring of positive energy
Wands
 j - a wand of acid (25)
 k - a wand of disintegration (26)
 H - a wand of flame (41)
 K - a wand of iceblast (64)
 S - a wand of digging (6)
 X - a wand of paralysis (15)
 Y - a wand of clouds (3)
Scrolls
 d - 5 scrolls of holy word
 e - 8 scrolls of teleportation
 f - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 g - 22 scrolls of remove curse
 l - a scroll of brand weapon
 o - a scroll of blinking
 u - 7 scrolls of fear
 y - 2 scrolls of silence
 A - 7 scrolls of fog
 J - 15 scrolls of identify
 M - 10 scrolls of immolation
 T - 4 scrolls of summoning
Potions
 i - 12 potions of might
 n - 17 potions of heal wounds
 p - 14 potions of curing
 s - 12 potions of haste
 t - 4 potions of berserk rage
 w - 5 potions of agility
 z - 2 potions of resistance
 F - 10 potions of flight
 G - 4 potions of lignification
 O - 3 potions of cancellation
 P - a potion of invisibility
 Q - a potion of ambrosia
Miscellaneous
 D - a phial of floods
 N - a lightning rod (4/4)
Comestibles
 c - 47 rations

Skills:
 + Level 23.8 Fighting
 - Level 16.0 Maces & Flails
 + Level 23.7 Armour
 + Level 21.9 Dodging
 + Level 23.3 Shields
 + Level 6.4 Evocations

You have 24 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.
Your spell library is empty.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:5            Lair (6/6) D:9
  Swamp (4/4) Lair:4        Snake (4/4) Lair:3        Slime (0/5) Lair:6
    Orc (2/2) D:9             Elf (2/3) Orc:2        Vaults (5/5) D:14
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:3     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (0/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Hepliaklqana
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Wu Jian
Xom
Yredelemnul
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:6 ?   D:7 :   D:11 (   D:14 *   D:15 :*!   Orc:1 %   Orc:2 [%=(*
Elf:1 *   Snake:3 =   Snake:4 [   Vaults:5 *   Depths:4 (*==

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4 Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:2 Depths:4
Pandemonium: Depths:3
Ziggurat: Depths:5

Annotations:
Lair:3 exclusion: 2 oklob plants
Orc:1 2 transporters, exclusion: downstairs
Vaults:1 3 runed translucent doors, exclusion: 3 doors, ragingrage's ghost,
veteran HOFi
Vaults:4 3 runed translucent doors, exclusion: 3 doors, Synox's ghost, legendary
FoFi

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You reflexively headbutt those who attack you in melee.
You have a pair of horns on your head.

Message History

You block the deep troll's attack. x3
You completely miss the deep troll. Your headbutt misses the deep troll.
The deep troll is almost dead.
You block the deep troll's attack. x2; The deep troll completely misses you.
You puncture the deep troll! You freeze the deep troll.
You kill the deep troll!
Trog accepts your kill.
Magic restored.
Things that are here:
a +0 dire flail x2
r - the cursed ring "Pahetu" {rF- MR++ Str-5 Dex+4}
Items here: ))) [[
a +0 great sword; a +0 plate armour; a +0 great sword; a +0 chain mail; a +0
long sword
Items here: ( )))))) [[[[
Items here: )))))) [[[[[[
Partly explored, can't reach some items.
You drop a +5 vampiric demon whip.
You drop the cursed ring "Pahetu" {rF- MR++ Str-5 Dex+4}.
You drop a ring of protection from cold.
You drop a wand of polymorph (32).

#..#...##!.............#..#....##...
#..#....##........)...##..#....##...
#..#.....#########)..##...#....##...
#.........).(.((.)..##....#....##...
#......)...........##.....#....##...
#.....##############......#....#....
#.........................#....#....
..#######################........###
............................<<......
...........................<..<.....
..................@.........<<).....
..#######################........###
#.........................#....#..(.
#..##########......#####..#....#####
#..#   ###...........###..#....#))##
#..#  ##..............##..#....#...#
#..# ##................#..#....#...#
#..###.................#..#....#....
#..##............##.......#....#....

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  Mara (Depths:1)
  2 juggernauts
  Mennas (Depths:5)
  Sojobo (Vaults:2)
  Boris (Depths:4)
  Margery (Depths:1)
  Jory (Vaults:2)
  2 bone dragons (Depths:5)
  Jorgrun (Swamp:1)
  Rupert (Lair:4)
  5 tentacled monstrosities
  A lich (Vaults:5)
  4 titans (Vaults:5)
  A thorn hunter (Swamp:4)
  4 sphinxes
  Frances (Lair:4)
  6 tengu reavers
  3 shadow dragons (Vaults:5)
  3 storm dragons
  5 nagarajas
  A deep elf sorcerer (Depths:5)
  8 fire giants
  24 vault wardens
  An orc warlord (Orc:1)
  An emperor scorpion (D:15)
  9 frost giants
  3 iron dragons
  The ghost of Fortuna the Fighter, a journeyman MiBe of Trog (Lair:5)
  A deep elf elementalist (Vaults:5)
  2 draconian stormcallers (Depths:5)
  A ghoul (Swamp:1)
  17 ironheart preservers
  A balrug (Depths:5)
  3 spriggan defenders
  2 war gargoyles (Vaults:5)
  10 very ugly things
  28 stone giants
  A green draconian (Depths:5)
  An entropy weaver (Vaults:4)
  3 vampire knights
  2 deep elf demonologists (Vaults:5)
  4 dire elephants
  A black draconian (Depths:5)
  7 spark wasps
  A purple draconian (Depths:5)
  A red draconian (Depths:5)
  3 deep elf annihilators (Vaults:5)
  A white draconian (Depths:5)
  A yellow draconian (Depths:5)
  A blizzard demon (Depths:3)
  A crystal guardian (Vaults:4)
  2 deep elf death magi
  28 ettins
  15 yaktaur captains
  13 great orbs of eyes
  13 naga warriors
  Harold (D:7)
  9 fire dragons
  4 deep elf high priests
  13 ogre magi
  26 vault guards
  A monstrous demonspawn (Depths:3)
  20 hydras
  A catoblepas (Depths:4)
  10 ice dragons
  5 spriggan air magi
  A shambling mangrove (Swamp:3)
  10 centaur warriors
  5 rakshasas
  A catoblepas (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  2 death knights (Vaults:3)
  10 anacondas
  6 dancing weapons
  7 deep troll shamans
  8 alligators
  16 deep troll earth magi
  40 two-headed ogres
  A vampire mage (Depths:1)
  2 tengu warriors
  6 death yaks (Depths:4)
  22 naga sharpshooters
  8 orc high priests
  5 shock serpents
  6 spriggan berserkers
  17 hell knights
  Urug (D:14)
  A soul eater (Depths:3)
  8 deep elf knights
  Sonja (D:9)
  A fire crab (Lair:5)
  A storm dragon skeleton (Vaults:3)
  9 iron trolls
  2 shadow wraiths (Vaults:1)
  A large abomination (Abyss:2)
  18 skeletal warriors
  An unseen horror (shapeshifter) (Depths:1)
  A deep troll (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  4 salamander mystics
  3 spriggan druids
  3 flayed ghosts (Vaults:3)
  36 deep trolls
  5 unseen horrors
  10 swamp dragons
  2 phantasmal warriors (Vaults:3)
  11 deep elf archers
  A torturous demonspawn (Depths:3)
  A tengu zombie (Vaults:3)
  4 wizards
  3 lindwurms
  7 naga ritualists
  20 ironbrand convokers
  38 deep elf magi
  13 necromancers
  19 ugly things
  16 orc knights
  8 mana vipers
  2 orb spiders (shapeshifter)
  2 tengu skeletons
  3 orc sorcerers
  A sphinx skeleton (Vaults:3)
  A frost giant zombie (Depths:1)
  A moth of wrath (Lair:5)
  3 wolf spiders
  A manticore (D:15)
  A shadow dragon skeleton (Vaults:3)
  A stone giant skeleton (Vaults:1)
  A salamander (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  A frost giant skeleton (Depths:1)
  9 cyclopes
  A manticore (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  8 elephants
  3 centaur zombies
  14 salamanders
  27 black mambas
  13 vault sentinels
  A black mamba (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  6 fire giant skeletons
  A guardian serpent (Snake:3)
  Psyche (D:8)
  2 eyes of devastation (Depths:5)
  29 naga magi
  A spiny frog (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  2 gargoyles
  A smoke demon (Abyss:2)
  14 spiny frogs
  2 torpor snails
  2 kobold demonologists (D:13)
  5 rime drakes
  5 freezing wraiths
  An efreet (D:14)
  A tengu conjurer (D:15)
  64 yaktaurs
  A yaktaur zombie (Vaults:4)
  6 komodo dragons
  5 hellwings
  A yaktaur skeleton (Vaults:4)
  3 red devils (Depths:5)
  2 jumping spiders (Vaults:4)
  6 trolls
  11 hippogriffs
  14 tyrant leeches
  17 hornets
  7 blink frogs
  7 dream sheep
  15 bog bodies
  27 slime creatures
  An ettin zombie (Depths:1)
  A sphinx simulacrum (Depths:4)
  A tarantella (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  Sigmund (D:6)
  An air elemental (Elf:1)
  2 ettin skeletons
  4 shadows
  A redback (Vaults:4)
  A vampire (D:11)
  3 wraiths
  5 wyverns
  12 water elementals
  16 humans (D:13)
  A human (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  11 spriggans
  A yak (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A hungry ghost (D:15)
  A basilisk (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  3 fire elementals (Elf:1)
  37 yaks
  4 basilisks
  A chaos spawn (Depths:1)
  A hog (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  15 vampire mosquitoes
  3 human simulacra
  2 steam dragons
  An ogre zombie (Vaults:1)
  5 insubstantial wisps
  55 nagas
  7 swamp worms
  5 wargs
  A deep troll zombie (Vaults:4)
  A soldier ant (D:11)
  Menkaure (D:5)
  A soldier ant (shapeshifter) (D:14)
  2 floating eyes
  9 porcupines
  A water moccasin (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  10 water moccasins
  3 acid dragons
  48 orc warriors
  9 swamp drakes
  6 ice beasts
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  An eye of draining (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A phantom (D:7)
  6 sky beasts
  An eye of draining (D:14)
  5 necrophages
  4 black bears
  14 wolves
  11 centaurs
  34 ogres
  2 elf skeletons (Vaults:3)
  12 boggarts
  An ogre (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  9 crocodiles
  An elf simulacrum (Depths:4)
  2 big kobolds
  3 gnoll sergeants
  11 bullfrogs
  3 earth elementals (Depths:1)
  7 human skeletons
  3 scorpions
  A small abomination (Depths:1)
  17 wights
  10 killer bees
  A vampire bat (D:6)
  An electric eel (Lair:2)
  3 howler monkeys
  17 crimson imps
  2 bullfrog zombies
  A quasit (D:6)
  8 hounds
  6 jellies
  22 orc priests
  4 centaur skeletons
  Ijyb (D:3)
  Terence (D:2)
  32 orc wizards
  8 iguanas
  16 worker ants
  Natasha (D:3)
  A killer bee zombie (D:6)
  A hound skeleton (D:9)
  2 worker ant zombies (D:6)
  Robin (D:2)
  10 adders
  13 gnolls
  4 shadow imps
  A white imp (Depths:4)
  An ufetubus (Abyss:2)
  2 oozes (D:1)
  An adder zombie (D:8)
  2 adder skeletons
  4 worms
  2 dart slugs (D:1)
  6 leopard geckos
  100 orcs
  4 giant cockroaches
  24 goblins
  14 hobgoblins
  14 jackals
  12 kobolds
  7 quokkas
  6 bats
  4 frilled lizards
  A quokka skeleton (D:4)
  3 rats
  3 plants (Lair:6)
1944 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Vashnia (Snake:3)
  A nagaraja (Snake:4)
  2 frost giants
  An iron dragon (Depths:2)
  An ironheart preserver (Vaults:5)
  A very ugly thing (Vaults:5)
  A dire elephant (Lair:6)
  An ettin (Vaults:5)
  A fire dragon (Depths:3)
  A rakshasa (Depths:3)
  8 vault guards (Vaults:5)
  2 yaktaur captains (Vaults:5)
  2 hydras (Swamp:3)
  3 naga sharpshooters
  3 hell knights (Depths:2)
  A swamp dragon (Swamp:4)
  2 necromancers
  2 ironbrand convokers
  3 orc knights (Bailey)
  3 naga magi
  A salamander (Snake:3)
  2 spiny frogs
  A tyrant leech (Swamp:3)
  2 hornets (Swamp:3)
  A hippogriff (Lair:1)
  3 spriggans
  A swamp worm (Swamp:4)
  2 orc warriors (Bailey)
  An ogre (Vaults:2)
  2 wolves (Lair:1)
  An orc (Bailey)
57 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A fire giant (Depths:1)
  A two-headed ogre (D:6)
  A deep elf archer (Vaults:3)
  An orc knight (Vaults:2)
  A deep elf mage (Elf:1)
  A troll (Vaults:2)
  An orc warrior (Vaults:1)
  An ice beast (D:15)
  A boggart (D:14)
  An ogre (Vaults:2)
  An earth elemental (D:15)
  A scorpion (D:6)
  An orc priest (Vaults:2)
  An orc wizard (Vaults:2)
  2 orcs (Vaults:2)
  A quokka (D:6)
  4 fungi
  8 plants
29 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2030 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Fortuna the Minotaur Berserker began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 0/0
   254 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 21/27 MP: 1/1
   649 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 33/33 MP: 2/2
   870 | D:2      | Noticed Terence
   877 | D:2      | Killed Terence
   886 | D:2      | Reached ** piety under Trog
   886 | D:2      | Noticed Robin
   888 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 28/40 MP: 3/3
  1106 | D:2      | Killed Robin
  1666 | D:2      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
  2358 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 47/47 MP: 4/4
  2490 | D:3      | Noticed Ijyb
  2498 | D:3      | Killed Ijyb
  2498 | D:3      | Reached *** piety under Trog
  2498 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  2498 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  2717 | D:3      | Noticed Natasha
  2730 | D:3      | Killed Natasha
  2925 | D:3      | Found a stormy altar of Qazlal.
  3060 | D:4      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  3241 | D:4      | Found an ornate altar of the Wu Jian Council.
  3260 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 33/56 MP: 5/5
  3445 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3451 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  3663 | D:4      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  4598 | D:5      | Found a hazy altar of Hepliaklqana.
  4787 | D:5      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 52/63 MP: 6/6
  4894 | D:5      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5127 | D:5      | Noticed Menkaure
  5132 | D:5      | Killed Menkaure
  5132 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  5369 | D:6      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  5609 | D:6      | Reached **** piety under Trog
  5736 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 69/71 MP: 7/7
  5837 | D:6      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  5873 | D:6      | Noticed Sigmund
  5879 | D:6      | Killed Sigmund
  5978 | D:6      | Found a shadowy altar of Dithmenos.
  6083 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  6151 | D:6      | Found Koemiek's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of silence for 82 gold pieces
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of fog for 22 gold pieces
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon for 82 gold pieces
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of identify for 22 gold pieces
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 33 gold pieces
  6155 | D:6      | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 33 gold pieces
  6298 | D:6      | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
  6692 | D:7      | Found Lukig's Book Shoppe.
  6717 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 53/81 MP: 8/8
  6914 | D:7      | Noticed Harold
  6929 | D:7      | Killed Harold
  6929 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  7618 | D:7      | Noticed a two-headed ogre
  7625 | D:7      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  7625 | D:7      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 91/91 MP: 9/9
  7633 | D:7      | Reached ***** piety under Trog
  8080 | D:8      | Noticed Psyche
  8088 | D:8      | Killed Psyche
  8625 | D:8      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  8990 | D:9      | Noticed a two-headed ogre
  9002 | D:9      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  9257 | D:9      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  9415 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  9430 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  9618 | D:9      | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
  9666 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
  9674 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 10280 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 10469 | D:10     | Noticed Sonja
 10484 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
 10820 | D:10     | Noticed a gargoyle
 10840 | D:10     | Killed a gargoyle
 10840 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 76/100 MP: 3/10
 10882 | D:10     | Noticed a white ugly thing
 10950 | D:10     | HP: 3/100 [white ugly thing (28)]
 10961 | D:10     | HP: 3/100 [shadow imp (3)]
 11348 | D:10     | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
 11390 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 11636 | D:10     | Killed a white ugly thing
 12159 | D:10     | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 12166 | D:10     | Killed a two-headed ogre
 12541 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 13268 | Lair:1   | Got a pair of ancient boots
 13279 | Lair:1   | Identified the +2 pair of boots of the Shore {rPois rCorr
                  | Int-5} (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 13279 | Lair:1   | Lost intelligence.
 14453 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 14617 | Lair:3   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 110/110 MP: 4/12
 14621 | Lair:3   | Received a gift from Trog
 14784 | Lair:3   | Found a dark tunnel.
 14791 | Volcano  | Entered a volcano
 14872 | Volcano  | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 15352 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 15414 | Lair:3   | Noticed a fire dragon
 15429 | Lair:3   | Killed a fire dragon
 15429 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 16133 | Lair:4   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 16143 | Lair:4   | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 16143 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 16320 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 16326 | Lair:4   | Noticed Rupert
 16342 | Lair:4   | Killed Rupert
 16869 | Lair:4   | Got a warped pewter amulet
 16871 | Lair:4   | Identified the amulet "Qamotsiatt" {Spirit rPois rF- SInv}
                  | (You found it on level 4 of the Lair of Beasts)
 17223 | Lair:5   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 17235 | Lair:5   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 17235 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 119/119 MP: 3/14
 17814 | Lair:5   | Noticed Fortuna's ghost (journeyman MiBe)
 17823 | Lair:5   | Found a transporter.
 17838 | Lair:5   | Found a transporter.
 18116 | Lair:6   | Entered Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts
 18415 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 18486 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 18691 | Lair:6   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 19793 | Lair:6   | Noticed a dire elephant
 19793 | Lair:6   | Noticed a dire elephant
 19801 | Lair:6   | Killed a dire elephant
 19804 | Lair:6   | Killed a dire elephant
 19846 | Lair:6   | Noticed a dire elephant
 19858 | Lair:6   | Killed a dire elephant
 19950 | Lair:6   | Noticed a dire elephant
 19968 | Lair:6   | Killed a dire elephant
 20312 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 20722 | Orc:1    | Noticed an ettin
 20723 | Orc:1    | Noticed a stone giant
 20724 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 20724 | Orc:1    | Found a transporter.
 20778 | Orc:1    | Found a transporter.
 20885 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 20885 | Orc:2    | Found Gejiryho's Food Emporium.
 21004 | Orc:2    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 21239 | Orc:1    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 123/129 MP: 13/15
 21267 | Orc:1    | Found Modynood's Food Shoppe.
 21454 | Orc:2    | Found Xoqeuh's Jewellery Boutique.
 21883 | Orc:2    | Noticed an orc warlord
 21890 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 22194 | Orc:1    | Killed an orc warlord
 22484 | Orc:2    | Found Cilucah's Antique Armour Shoppe.
 22491 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 22492 | Orc:2    | Bought a warped hat for 189 gold pieces
 22492 | Orc:2    | Bought an embroidered scarf for 168 gold pieces
 22492 | Orc:2    | Bought a pair of faintly humming gloves for 199 gold pieces
 22507 | Orc:2    | Identified the +2 pair of gloves "Mucager" {rElec} (You
                  | bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 22514 | Orc:2    | Identified the +1 hat of the Dragon {rN+} (You bought it in
                  | a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 22518 | Orc:2    | Bought an embroidered scarf for 168 gold pieces
 22574 | Orc:2    | Found Kata Zyc's General Store.
 22583 | Orc:2    | Bought a scroll of identify for 24 gold pieces
 22703 | Orc:2    | Found Huugi's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 23293 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 24547 | Elf:1    | Found Pibank's General Store.
 24551 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll of immolation for 52 gold pieces
 24551 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll of identify for 30 gold pieces
 24551 | Elf:1    | Bought a wand of acid (6) for 300 gold pieces
 24613 | Elf:1    | Reached ****** piety under Trog
 24839 | D:9      | Killed Sonja
 24968 | Swamp:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 24976 | Swamp:1  | Noticed Frances
 24993 | Lair:4   | Killed Frances
 25282 | Lair:4   | Paralysed by a hornet for 2 turns
 25416 | Swamp:1  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 139/139 MP: 14/16
 26295 | Swamp:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 26619 | Swamp:1  | Noticed Jorgrun
 26673 | Swamp:1  | Killed Jorgrun
 27236 | Swamp:1  | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 27598 | Swamp:2  | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 28077 | Swamp:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 28297 | Swamp:3  | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
 28593 | Swamp:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Swamp
 28783 | Swamp:4  | Noticed a thorn hunter
 28792 | Swamp:4  | Killed a thorn hunter
 29147 | Swamp:3  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 139/149 MP: 17/17
 29704 | Swamp:4  | Identified the Grimoire of the Vitriolic Traveller
 29728 | Swamp:4  | Got a decaying rune of Zot
 29887 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 29987 | Snake:1  | Found the +0 pair of fencer's gloves {Riposte Dex+3}
 30165 | Snake:2  | Received a gift from Trog
 30933 | Snake:1  | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 31676 | Snake:1  | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
 33025 | Snake:2  | Received a gift from Trog
 33182 | Snake:3  | Noticed Vashnia
 33346 | Snake:3  | Killed Vashnia
 33351 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 33711 | Snake:3  | Found Puucuyh's Jewellery Emporium.
 33732 | Snake:3  | Bought the amulet of Life {Spirit rPois rC+ rN+} for 890
                  | gold pieces
 33901 | Snake:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Snake Pit
 34053 | Snake:4  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 146/160 MP: 15/18
 34234 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 34260 | Snake:4  | Found Yfeul's Armour Emporium.
 34535 | Snake:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 36031 | Snake:4  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 36144 | Lair:3   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 36145 | Lair:3   | Got a pitted crystal plate armour
 36156 | Lair:3   | Identified the +4 crystal plate armour "Tiotz" {MR+} (You
                  | acquired it on level 3 of the Lair of Beasts)
 36544 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 36830 | D:11     | Found Qickoeli's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 38264 | D:13     | Found a flagged portal.
 38286 | Bailey   | Entered a bailey
 38522 | Bailey   | Reached XP level 18. HP: 171/171 MP: 19/19
 38934 | D:13     | Received a gift from Trog
 39044 | D:14     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 39044 | D:14     | Noticed Urug
 39216 | D:14     | Killed Urug
 39265 | D:14     | Identified a +1 pair of boots of running (You found it on
                  | level 14 of the Dungeon)
 39317 | D:14     | Found a hazy altar of Hepliaklqana.
 39623 | D:14     | Reached XP level 19. HP: 179/179 MP: 20/20
 39740 | D:14     | Found Pottig's Assorted Antiques.
 39756 | D:14     | Bought a peridot ring for 185 gold pieces
 39785 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 39843 | D:15     | Found Ywkalid's Distillery.
 39872 | D:15     | Found Gurhozorph's General Store.
 39925 | D:15     | Bought a ration for 95 gold pieces
 39925 | D:15     | Bought 2 scrolls of identify for 76 gold pieces
 39951 | D:15     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 39960 | D:15     | Bought a potion of cancellation for 112 gold pieces
 39960 | D:15     | Bought a potion of curing for 42 gold pieces
 39960 | D:15     | Bought a potion of might for 56 gold pieces
 40192 | D:15     | Found Bodup's Book Shop.
 40349 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 40514 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 40749 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 41026 | Vaults:1 | You fall through a shaft!
 41026 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Sojobo
 41030 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Jory
 41853 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 42351 | Vaults:1 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 42351 | Vaults:1 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 42352 | Vaults:1 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 42352 | Vaults:1 | Noticed a lich
 42352 | Vaults:1 | Noticed ragingrage's ghost (veteran HOFi)
 42525 | Vaults:1 | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 6 turns
 42790 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 42827 | Vaults:1 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 182/191 MP: 19/21
 43011 | Vaults:2 | Killed Jory
 43968 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 44308 | Vaults:2 | Killed Sojobo
 45207 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 45227 | Vaults:3 | Identified the +10 rapier of Misery {holy, rC++ SInv}
 46251 | Vaults:3 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 200/201 MP: 22/22
 46262 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 46429 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 46514 | Vaults:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 47561 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 47586 | Vaults:4 | Got a twisted morningstar {god gift}
 47587 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +4 morningstar "Aredit" {freeze, rN+ Dex+2}
                  | (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)
 47862 | Vaults:4 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 47863 | Vaults:4 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 47863 | Vaults:4 | Found a runed translucent gate.
 47863 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +1 demon blade of Pride {drain, rF- rN++
                  | Int+9}
 47863 | Vaults:4 | Identified the cursed +0 shield of the Robin {rF+ Str+4
                  | Int+3}
 47865 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +4 glaive of the Snake Pit {venom, Int+5}
 47867 | Vaults:4 | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 47869 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Synox's ghost (legendary FoFi)
 49031 | Lair:5   | Killed Fortuna's ghost
 49126 | Lair:5   | Got a dazzling plate armour
 49137 | Lair:5   | Identified the +1 plate armour "Misaraosm" {+Fly} (You
                  | acquired it on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
 49443 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 49811 | Depths:1 | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 4 turns
 49811 | Depths:1 | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (hell knight)
 49818 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 49905 | Depths:1 | Escaped the Abyss
 49943 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 49953 | Depths:1 | Noticed Margery
 49977 | Depths:1 | Killed Margery
 50391 | Depths:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 50546 | Depths:1 | Got a brightly glowing steel amulet
 50547 | Depths:1 | Identified the amulet of Finality {Reflect Int+5 SH+3
                  | Stlth+} (You found it on level 1 of the Depths)
 50814 | Depths:2 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 213/213 MP: 23/23
 50827 | Depths:2 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 50839 | Depths:2 | Noticed a juggernaut
 50862 | Depths:1 | Killed a juggernaut
 51199 | Depths:2 | Noticed Mara
 51219 | Depths:1 | Noticed Fortuna's illusion
 51220 | Depths:1 | Killed Mara
 51398 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 51426 | Depths:2 | Identified the +6 long sword of Xusatyem {freeze, rPois
                  | rN+}
 51859 | Depths:2 | Identified the +6 demon whip "Gyuploca" {elec, *Rage rF+
                  | MP+9}
 51973 | Depths:2 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 4 turns
 51982 | Depths:2 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 3 turns
 51993 | Depths:1 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 4 turns
 52698 | Depths:2 | Identified the Volume of Hurtful Translocation
 53025 | Depths:3 | You fall through a shaft!
 53050 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 53246 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 53498 | Depths:3 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 53968 | Depths:3 | Got a blackened shield
 53979 | Depths:3 | Identified the +0 shield "Rorr" {MP+9 Str+4} (You acquired
                  | it on level 3 of the Depths)
 54926 | Depths:4 | Found Fyusawot's Jewellery Emporium.
 54944 | Depths:4 | Found Qiydweshrev's Jewellery Emporium.
 55049 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 55049 | Depths:4 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 205/223 MP: 21/24
 55241 | Depths:4 | Found Efegarr's Weapon Shop.
 55813 | Depths:4 | Noticed Boris
 55831 | Depths:4 | Killed Boris
 56096 | Depths:4 | Found Bemeh's General Store.
 56099 | Depths:4 | Bought a ration for 120 gold pieces
 56197 | Depths:4 | Noticed a juggernaut
 56217 | Depths:4 | Killed a juggernaut
 56246 | Depths:4 | Found the +3 warlock's mirror {reflect}
 56247 | Depths:4 | Got a smoking graven amulet
 56251 | Depths:4 | Identified the amulet "Vifuc" {+Rage MR+} (You found it on
                  | level 4 of the Depths)
 56906 | Snake:3  | Bought a +5 ring of protection for 935 gold pieces
 57127 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 58618 | Depths:5 | Noticed Mennas
 58649 | Depths:5 | Killed Mennas
 58819 | Depths:5 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 58838 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 3 turns
 58849 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 58857 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 4 turns
 58866 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 58875 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 58912 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 3 turns
 58966 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 58974 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 59786 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 60163 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 229/235 MP: 23/24
 60338 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 61065 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 61230 | Vaults:5 | Found Yhozed's General Store.
 61424 | Vaults:5 | Bought a ration for 90 gold pieces
 61424 | Vaults:5 | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 54 gold pieces
 61424 | Vaults:5 | Bought 2 potions of haste for 360 gold pieces
 61536 | Vaults:5 | Identified the cursed ring "Pahetu" {rF- MR++ Str-5 Dex+4}
 61578 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 61836 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 61856 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 62191 | Vaults:5 | Identified the +3 hand crossbow "Boenaz" {penet, rF+}
 62307 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 62334 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 207/245 MP: 24/26

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 |
---------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Fighting       |     4        5  6     7  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23    | 23.8
Maces & Flails |     4        5  6  7     9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16                         | 16.0
Armour         |     3        4  5  6  7  8  9 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    18 20 21 22    23 | 23.7
Dodging        |        3           4  5  6  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21    | 21.9
Shields        |                    2  4  6  8  9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | 23.3
Evocations     |                                1  3                                   6 |  6.4

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Mace              |    73 |   187 |   299 |   303 |       |       |       |       |       ||   862
       Headbutt          |     9 |    39 |    65 |   182 |   325 |   270 |   572 |   513 |     3 ||  1978
       Flail             |       |       |       |   464 |    81 |       |       |       |       ||   545
       Eveningstar       |       |       |       |       |  1143 |  1193 |  1822 |  1605 |    17 ||  5780
       Demon whip        |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   103 |       ||   103
Invok: Berserk           |     1 |     3 |     5 |    11 |    15 |     6 |     6 |     7 |       ||    54
       Brothers in Arms  |       |       |       |     3 |     4 |     7 |     4 |    10 |       ||    28
Evoke: Lightning rod     |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Wand              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
  Use: Scroll            |       |     6 |     3 |    10 |    14 |    11 |    12 |    16 |       ||    72
       Potion            |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |       |     3 |       ||     7
 Stab: Distracted        |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |     1 |       ||     3
       Petrified         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     7 |       ||     7
       Petrifying        |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
  Eat: Chunk             |       |    13 |     6 |    48 |    25 |     7 |    34 |    24 |     2 ||   159
       Ration            |       |     1 |     2 |     2 |     7 |    10 |     3 |     6 |       ||    31
Armor: Chain mail        |    49 |   118 |   129 |   286 |   483 |   272 |       |       |       ||  1337
       Crystal plate arm |       |       |       |       |       |   181 |   444 |   464 |     2 ||  1091
Dodge: Dodged            |    34 |    96 |    80 |   267 |   614 |   463 |   340 |   393 |     3 ||  2290
Block: Shield            |       |       |   120 |   435 |   826 |   165 |       |       |       ||  1546
       Large shield      |       |       |       |       |       |  1294 |  1724 |  1891 |    21 ||  4930

EDIT: And RIP. Fireball got me on Zot 5, dropped in health too fast to heal up or run. Closest I've gotten though.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 19th June 2019, 17:51

congrats on making it to Z:5. Maybe you'll make it next time :)

For this message the author petercordia has received thanks:
nago

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice