CeAe - How to win ?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 9th October 2011, 21:00

CeAe - How to win ?

Hi,

i really want to end the game with this combo, and i was thinking on the best way to accomplish this,
i think a good skill start could be :

Air magic TO 4
Spellcasting TO 4
Conjuration TO 4
... and after ??
probably more Air Magic for learning Lighting Bolt
... and for late game ??

this topic is not only for the CeAe,
i am hoping that someone can give me some suggestion and tactic for the skill builds for these "hard" combos

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 10th October 2011, 09:20

Re: CeAe - How to win ?

thanks for the reply,
i am gonna try your suggestion, and for the defense ?? light armor , dex or heavy , strength ??

i can say that i noticed the good aptitude of the Ce for the Unarmed but i saw that 4 point of the background was wasted and than tried a magic route,

going for swiftness and RepelMissiles and than for Haste is an option i do not thinked about

Thx, i still waiting for more opinion :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th October 2011, 13:23

Re: CeAe - How to win ?

Centaurs have good melee aptitudes, and not-so-good magic aptitudes. Their innate struggle with hunger is aggravated if you spellcast extensively, but they're intrinsically faster than most monsters so they need fewer escape options. With any magic background, a centaur is going to feel an unusually strong benefit from hybridization, and has very little reason to bother sticking with pure conjurations. You struggle against the aptitude penalty, and you have to spam them to make them work which aggravates hunger issues, and in the end you find yourself kicking things to death simply because it's faster.

Air magic doesn't really match up all that well to centaurs, but centaurs are intrinsically strong enough that it doesn't matter much. Repel Missiles, Swiftness, and Flight are probably the most appealing parts of the starting spellbook, and you'll definitely want to branch out when you get the chance. Kiku is my first impulse for deity because she provides a reliable line of useful, versatile, and cost-effective spells to work with as well as solving all hunger forever, but Sif Muna, Yred, Fedhas, Elyvilon, and Ashenzari all might be good depending on what loot you see early on.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice