God conduct and allies question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 27th February 2019, 11:15

God conduct and allies question

If I'm worshipping a god who hates it when you attack your allies, will the following cause penance?

1. I create a harmful cloud, eg from Freezing Cloud or a Lamp of Fire. My ally walks into the cloud, takes damage and dies. Does that count as me attacking the ally?

2. One of my allies does something that harms another ally. Eg, I cast Spellforged Servitor, which casts Conjure Ball Lightning, which blows up and hits another ally. Is this counted as me hitting the ally?

Edit: added 3. My allies get confused and attack each other. Does it count as me attacking them?

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th February 2019, 12:41

Re: God conduct and allies question

Nobody knows! Its all a huge mess with lots of special cases! Isn't it !FUN! ?

Like zombies will turn hostile from immolation scroll but freezing cloud doesn't. I think. Even though zombies have only rC++ and so should still take damage from it.

For this message the author le_nerd has received thanks:
Airwolf

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 27th February 2019, 12:47

Jeremiah wrote:
2. One of my allies does something that harms another ally. Eg, I cast Spellforged Servitor, which casts Conjure Ball Lightning, which blows up and hits another ally. Is this counted as me hitting the ally?

This one actually happened to me, I think one of them (A1) missed the right target and hit another ally (A2). A2 attacked first A1 and then the PC.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th February 2019, 17:53

Regarding clouds: an ally *stepping into* a cloud will not be counted as an aggressive act (not even zombies, who are dumb and will step into any cloud, whether it's harmful or not.) an ally being hit by an inner flame *explosion* will count against you (it's the explosion damage, not the cloud damage that causes allies to go aggressive)
Spells work similarly, impact damage (whether or not it generates a cloud) causes aggression, cloud damage (and other residual damage like poison) do not.

*God Penance* actually has a separate set of rules from "making things turn against you" I believe that an ally shooting another ally counts as turns them aggressive, but doesn't cause penance. (I have had the former happen a few times, but never the latter)

Allies hitting each-other while confused doesn't count against you (Possible exception is if you confused them, but confusing an ally also turns them against you, so that would only apply if you confused something, then enslaved it and it hit one of your other allies, I would have to test that out to see, I don't think I've ever done that.)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice