Arc Blade and Demonic Guardian mutation?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 18th February 2019, 17:41

Arc Blade and Demonic Guardian mutation?

Is it possible to use this combo sanely at all? Right now if any of my guardians pop up using the Arc Blade triggers the do you really want to attack your <> message. So far they don't seem to have turned against me, but having to confirm every attack (sometime multiple times) makes the weapon pretty much unusable.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 18th February 2019, 21:36

Re: Arc Blade and Demonic Guardian mutation?

There is probably a way to enable/disable those confirmations in the configuration file. Sorry - I don't know the details or for sure though I bet you could look it up if noone else knows off the top of their heads.

edit: had a look at options, I saw one thing you could test but I think it would squelch all prompts:

channel.prompt = mute

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 19th February 2019, 01:04

Demonic guardians can never be angered, so it's safe to use arc blade, but the prompt is a bug.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 19th February 2019, 01:33

It can cause penance for Oka though can't it? Seems the prompt is there for a good reason, you usually don't want to hit allies if you can help it and occasionally you REALLY don't want to hit allies.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 19th February 2019, 03:10

As I understand it, Oka only cares about damaging allies if they can be angered.
The prompt should exist when there's a chance of damaging an ally that could be angered.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice