Casters:delaing with silent spectres

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 09:20

Casters:delaing with silent spectres

Guys,

I've been playing around in wizmode recently and running ziggurats for fun with a DEFE.

This guy is obviously very fragile but completely useless when silenced. AFAIK, I can't hit a silent spectre from outside of its silence radius.

What I ended up doing was using haste and controlled blink to stay out of its silent radius while I killed everything else with firestorm and summoned boxes of beasts. But it was very testing.

Is there a better way I've not thought of?

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 10:41

Re: Casters:delaing with silent spectres

Wands are on option. Penetrating javelins are also good. Silent spectres are pretty fragile.

In a ziggurat there is so much XP that you can train up evo or throwing to a reasonable level lightning fast.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 10:54

yeah fair enough. Thats what I thought. Problem is there are so many meat shields around it so it makes wands difficult. Maybe clouds would work best.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 19:02

Javelins of penetration are my first choice.

Old disc of storms used to be insanely strong... I think its replacement, lightning rod, should work, too, but you only get a few shots.

An item with evocable blink can help, too.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 20:22

I like Portal Projectile. Cast outside Spectre range, move in LoS, deliver Javelins to the face until they cease to exist.

Also, all of the other options mentioned above. Zig is no place for one Trick ponies.

For this message the author Silk has received thanks:
Sorcerous

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice