does Sif consider previous spell training for piety?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 7th September 2018, 15:25

does Sif consider previous spell training for piety?

Hi guys, excuse me if this has been asked already, but I can't find the info.

It's pretty simple: does Sif Muna consider previous training in Spellcasting/spell schools when you initially join? For piety purposes, I mean.
Because if not, as I believe, one should delay training those until after she find the altar, right? (*)

Just asking because if that's so, it seems logical to give a little bit of love to Dodging, maybe Shields with a buckler, even a couple of levels in Fighting. And then you die, but oh well
______
(*) Too bad that when I do that, I always end up finding the altar after 20 years, in the most hidden recess ever, but that's just me

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 7th September 2018, 15:59

Re: does Sif consider previous spell training for piety?

No, she does not consider it. We already have a god/dess with A) gifts and B) instant full piety mechanism. And Zins ability gets misused.

You mention the tradeoff one faces yourself: delaying extra magic training for piety gain has huge survival costs.

For this message the author le_nerd has received thanks:
stepanxol

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 7th September 2018, 17:13

Re: does Sif consider previous spell training for piety?

Thanks, nerd. I was almost sure, but wanted confirmation.

Well, going the "delayed training" route is sure risky... but Sif's gifts arrive so late that if you don't find books you're bound to have serious problems anyway (speaking as a VM right now, wizards have things going a little better).

I'm in Lair now and still have to receive the first book (I started studying magic 100% as soon as I got Sif). If I hadn't found Stone Arrow, those wights would have been a serious, serious problem. Beehives, on the other hand... :D

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice