Why is Simulacrum good?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 24th July 2018, 17:20

Why is Simulacrum good?

I have never used it, but it seems mediocre. Simulacra do tons and tons of damage, but are very fragile. What makes the spell good?

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 24th July 2018, 17:31

Re: Why is Simulacrum good?

Their fragility doesn't really matter. Most monsters can only attack one thing at a time, and one casting of Simulacrum makes "a bunch" of simulacra. If each one does half of a monster's health in damage, and you make 5 of them, then a turn goes something like "The monster attacks one and kills it, 4 of them each do half of the enemy's health in damage, you win the fight." They (like all summons) keep enemies distracted from attacking you, AND they leave clouds behind, making them excellent at keeping enemies away from hitting your fragile body. Couple that with the fact that monsters would rather attack you than the simulacra, and you'll find that losing your simulacra isn't actually a huge concern most of the time.

For this message the author Stonar has received thanks: 4
arandomperson12, duvessa, nago, stoneychips

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 24th July 2018, 19:17

Re: Why is Simulacrum good?

Yeah — they're more like excellent, weird conjurations than they are like Yred allies.

Also, in particular with Kiku's corpse delivery, you can make a really large number of very high-damage simulacra.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice