Another quick noob question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 19:13

Another quick noob question

Ok, playing a Demonspawn Necro and having a pretty easy time of it. Haven't got the greatest mutations but nothing too horrible. One thing I did come across was a demon trident of venom on level 8. My question is how much should I invest in poles now that I have this thing. I was thinking of just dumping xp in to it and fighting to get them both to around 5 but that seems to be a lot of xp I could use on necro. Haven't done the lair yet and have no poison resist either.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 20:51

Re: Another quick noob question

Venom is a poor long-term brand, and you're likely to find better demonic weapons down the line. Unless you're playing the latest trunk build where all polearms get built-in reaching, polearms are the worst weapon class for long-term use. Use it for now if you don't have better weapons available, but don't dump much XP into Polearms.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 23:26

If I haven't built up much in the way of weapon skills already, and I found a demon foo weapon on D8 to work with, I darn well would switch immediately. Venom might not be the best post-endgame brand, but I'd like to make it to the post-endgame first, thankyouverymuch. I'd probably hold back some enchant weapon scrolls, mind you, planning to switch to a better demon foo of the same type when it turns up, but ultimately the post-endgame difference between demon blades, demon whips, and demon tridents are too trivial to worry about when you're still back on D8.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 23:28

Thanks for the replies. I did use the hell out of it and worked my way through most of orc with it. Ended up dying from 2 stupid invisible wizards I couldn't target though. Oh wellz.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice