Should I abandon Sif Muna? (GnFE)

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 20th May 2018, 18:20

Should I abandon Sif Muna? (GnFE)

After some attempts with GnWi of Ash I got sick of relying on RNG to give me books. Sometimes I ended up having to enter the scarier branches with no offensive spells past the starter book, or no summons.

So I started with Sif. Now I'm 27 and my skills are at 17, growing at a glacial pace. I already have all the spellbooks I need. However, I can't really cast anything 8+ and above, and I'd like to try a 15 extended win (my only prior win was a MiBe 5-runer).

Should I switch to Ash to actually get shit like Fire Storm and Shatter castable right away, suffering Sif's penance (is it really bad?) Should I stick to Sif and just grind out the skills?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 20th May 2018, 19:17

Re: Should I abandon Sif Muna? (GnFE)

I would consider switching to lighter armor if you haven't already instead of switching gods.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 21st May 2018, 04:53

Sif has like a 1/5 chance of draining your MP to zero according to the wiki, which is very nasty for a casting-focused character. However, a gnoll could probably get away with equipping medium armor and a proper weapon since they have all skills trained. That being said, it's probably not worth swapping. Stack some staff/rings of wizardry if you need to, and drink Brilliance when it's absolutely necessary to not be miscasting.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 22nd May 2018, 01:06

Don't quit Sif if you plan on casting spells, it's miscast-o-rama and will be deeply and powerfully irritating even if it doesn't get you killed.

I guess you could literally give up spells until she's appeased because you're a gnoll, though.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice