A good place to earn experience

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 15:58

A good place to earn experience

Greetings, I wanted to know if more experienced players could suggest me a good place to earn experience, I cleared the main dungeon ( didn't get the orb), so there's only hell, abyss and pandemonium. What is the safer place to get some experience?
Thanks a lot in advance
Edit: I just remembered there's still The Crypt,The Tomb and The Slime Pits :lol:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 18:05

Re: A good place to earn experience

If you really want to grind exp after a 3 rune game, usually just doing 15 runes will get you plenty. If you really want to grind forever, either Pan (safer) or doing ziggurats (faster, more dangerous) will get you as much as you want.

You need a fairly specific, high powered character to do ziggs safely, so be aware of that if you try them. Pan is fairly safe if you can handle the torment well.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 18:24

Thanks, I'll try pan

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 20:36

One more thing, since I have spellbooks for every single spell and I don't need Sif Muna powers do you think I shoud change god? Is it hard to survive his retribution?

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 21:16

Sif's wrath has a significant chance to drain your MP to zero, which can be a big problem for a sif follower (who is likely mostly magic-focused) and Sif's wrath timer is particularly long. An endgame mage with every spell in their library should be fine to full clear the game as-is, so I wouldn't recommend swapping.

If you really want to grind EXP, abyss:1 would surely be the safest way. Pan isn't -usually- bad, but can still generate nasty situations with bad luck, like glaciate Pan Lords with multiple tormenting enemies around them. Pan is notably faster, though. EXP shouldn't be a big problem by the time you're actually clearing out Pan anyway.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 8th May 2018, 21:28

Thanks

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 9th May 2018, 17:40

Abyss:1 is also a great place to grind away late-game god wrath...

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 9th May 2018, 21:22

Airwolf wrote:Abyss:1 is also a great place to grind away late-game god wrath...

Not when you're a caster with weakish melee capabilities having your MP drained to zero repeatedly
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 12th May 2018, 15:11

Although Dungeon Crawl is designed to make grinding difficult/impossible - You are always in a situation that CAN kill you, especially as a newer player. So grinding just for the sake of leveling up to make Zot easier isn't worth the risk. Also - Pan ,Abyss, and ESPECIALLY, slime can malmutate you leaving you're character worse than before. Having your fighting skill at 27 isn't worth -20 percent hit points and slow healing.

That said, crypt is generally fairly easy if you're careful.. Buuuut I did lose 2 characters in a row in crypt once. Anything can kill you.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 12th May 2018, 19:31

Thanks, at the end I got bored and deleted that character, He was an ogre spellcaster with fighting and unarmed, with dragon form I had something like 400 HP :D
Crypt was really easy ;) I are right about that

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice