pls help

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 21st April 2018, 21:03

pls help

what do? ;_;

this is my spells:

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 21st April 2018, 21:22

Re: pls help

That’s quite a bind. I think your best bet is to possibly read the fog scroll to block vision on the centaurs. If you’re not dead, drink a curing potion and read teleport. If you’re still not dead, fireball the merfolk.

If you escape, back up to lair and ID those scrolls. One of them could have been blink, which would have been the easiest escape.
Current Victories:
Spoiler: show
3 Runes: GrEE^Ru, CeBe^Trog, SpEn^Gozag, KoAr^Dith, TeAE^Kiku, TrCK^Xom.
4 Runes: VSFi^Qaz.
5 Runes: DsGl^Oka, MiGl^Hep, GnWz^Sif.
9 Runes: DDAr^Makh.
15 Runes: HOFi^TSO->Zin, DEFE^Veh
For now...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 21st April 2018, 22:34

In order of what I think might be the most helpful:
1. ?Blink to the nw corner of your LOS, that puts you out of range of everything except the merfolk, and is close to the exit from the level, if that merfolk has no ranged attack, this is pretty much a guarantee of survival.
2. ?Fear has a good chance of sending all your attackers away and making them not attack you for a couple turns, this is likely to give you the time needed to walk NW to the exit, if it doesn't send everything away, but you are still alive, you probably want to follow up with ?Fog or !HW (depending on whether the thing still attacking is the melee range merfolk, or the ranged attackers) If you're alive after *that* and the thing attacking you is the merfolk you probably want to use !Haste to get to the stairs (This all assumes you didn't have a blink scroll)
3. ?Fog will block LOS, giving you perhaps a turn (if the merfolk doesn't kill you) However this is a pretty short term solution, and it needs to be paired with an escape (it's *possible* that it will give you enough time for a teleport to work, and fireball might also block some LOS as it creates steam clouds over water.
4. ?Teleport you're unlikely to survive the time taken to teleport if you don't combine it with Fog and/or some healing.
5. !HW will give you some HPs, it might be enough to survive a turn, but you're likely to be in the same position after a turn, unless you get really lucky. If done after a ?Fog you might stand a greater chance of survival against the merfolk while waiting for a teleport to kick in. By itself it's got low odds of keeping you alive, but if you have a bunch of heal wounds and none of the other options, you might try quaffing one, and if you have enough hps moving, repeat/recycle, it's got very low odds of working, but it's better than just walking NW and hoping things don't hit you.
6. !Curing is even worse than HW, for keeping you alive, but again it might possibly help keep you alive until teleport kicks in, by itself it's probably worse than just walking NW and hoping things don't hit you, but only slightly, combined with ?Fog (removing the extra ranged damage and only leaving you with the merfolk melee damage) it's probably slightly better as a follow up than just walking NW and hoping.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
nago

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 00:35

looks pretty sketchy...

I'm not sure how well and how hard they are hitting you, but I'd probably start with a healing/curing potion and hope that they miss you some. You simply can't afford many risks at all at 8hp. If you can get off the ropes for just a moment, I'd fireball the merfolk. This can accomplish two things: 1) possibly kill it or nearly kill it, 2) block the LOS to the other guys with the steam generated by launching fireball on the water. Also, the steam can help to kill the merfolk. If you can take out the merfolk while simultaneously blocking the LOS of the other guys with steam, Mahkleb will start giving you some health for kills. I'd probably continue with all out offensive fireballing of those guys and/or drinking more defensive potions in-between having LOS to fire at them again.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 12:02

I've used fog and lost 1 HP, what should I do now?

Should I really try fireball to produce steam? It has only 14% chance of succesful cast

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 13:31

The good news is that you’re alive. The bad news is that the merfolk hasn’t landed an attack yet. Examine it to find the brand on its trident.

If it’s something you’re resistant to (elec, freezing, venom), or you can swap to (switching cold ring to fire ring for a flaming trident) you might be safe given your gargoyle AC.

Drink curing (restores 5-11 HP) and then read teleport scroll. If you’re alive, drink more curing potions and kite a couple squares north so you’re out of the fog.

I wouldn’t rely on fireball at 15% fail- chances are it won’t have high enough power to kill the merfolk in 1-2 casts.
Current Victories:
3 Runes: GrEE^Ru, CeBe^Trog, SpEn^Gozag, KoAr^Dith, TeAE^Kiku, TrCK^Xom.
4 Runes: VSFi^Qaz.
5 Runes: DsGl^Oka, MiGl^Hep, GnWz^Sif.
9 Runes: DDAr^Makh.
15 Runes: HOFi^TSO->Zin, DEFE^Veh
For now...

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 16:10

Doesn't he first need to step a tile north so the fog can actually put him out of LoS for all the ranged attackers? But yeah, after that, I'd definitely drink a curing and read tele.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 16:59

Vanguardan wrote:The bad news is that the merfolk hasn’t landed an attack yet. Examine it to find the brand on its trident.

If it’s something you’re resistant to (elec, freezing, venom), or you can swap to (switching cold ring to fire ring for a flaming trident) you might be safe given your gargoyle AC.

Tumalu wrote:Doesn't he first need to step a tile north so the fog can actually put him out of LoS for all the ranged attackers?

Rip :P Oh well, no need to cry over spilled milk, thanks for all help, I've just messed up several things in this run

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 18:40

zdzichorowerzysta wrote:
Vanguardan wrote:The bad news is that the merfolk hasn’t landed an attack yet. Examine it to find the brand on its trident.

Tumalu wrote:Doesn't he first need to step a tile north so the fog can actually put him out of LoS for all the ranged attackers?

Rip :P Oh well, no need to cry over spilled milk, thanks for all help, I've just messed up several things in this run

Oh, man, it looks like one of your unidentified scrolls was blinking, which would've ensured your survival, that's a shame. You also had a identify scroll that you hadn't used (of course you more than one unidentified scroll, but if you'd happened to identify blinking, you'd have survived that for sure.)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice