Mindelay with Ru

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 8th April 2018, 20:42

Mindelay with Ru

How much ought I overtrain a weapon to retain mindelay when using Ru abilities, assuming that there is no draining also done by monsters?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 8th April 2018, 22:27

Re: Mindelay with Ru

From my personal experience:

If I'm lightly using apocalypse/draw power then the drain at most 0-2 full skill levels.

If I'm heavily using those powers, and not allowing the previous drain to wear off, then it reaches 3-5 skill levels(maybe even more than that in very desperate situations)

So overtraining by about 2-3 levels should be sufficient to retain min delay. If your drain is reaching higher than 3-4 levels, then you should probably re-think your tactics.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

For this message the author Vajrapani has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 00:10

I don't think it's actually that important to maintain mindelay at all times.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks: 4
duvessa, MainiacJoe, nago, Sprucery

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 01:18

Shard1697 wrote:I don't think it's actually that important to maintain mindelay at all times.

I have certainly learned not to rush to mindelay at the expense of defenses. However, this particular character is a minotaur of staves who sacrificed Armour skill, so extra weapon levels will be relatively cheap.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 01:26

MainiacJoe wrote:How much ought I overtrain a weapon to retain mindelay when using Ru abilities, assuming that there is no draining also done by monsters?
None at all, imo.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 02:58

duvessa wrote:
MainiacJoe wrote:How much ought I overtrain a weapon to retain mindelay when using Ru abilities, assuming that there is no draining also done by monsters?
None at all, imo.

Yeah, somewhere between 0 and a little. Staves are cheap, so maybe more towards a little.

For this message the author Airwolf has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 15:06

Okay, thank you, I accept the consensus that losing mindelay for a short time is not a big deal.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice